2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum How do you feel about the upcoming F10 LCI?

02-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #23
remo
Rep
Drives: 550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
watching that video with its hypnotising music , is just amazing.
I thought my Xenon adaptive headlights were good but this really takes a large step forward.
I wonder how much these will be as an option.
My guess is $1500-$2000 in US.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:07 AM   #24
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Adaptive led lights are around £1200 more than the adaptive xenon lights over here, which are around £11-1200 already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorth View Post
I have been told that the adaptive xenon headlights on the f30/f31 work individually and in the same way as the LEDs in the Youtube video. It might be so that the adaptive LED headlight are even more sophisticated than the adaptive xenon headlights offered for the f30/f31.
Just looked at the 3 series and the adaptive lights on that are the same as already offered on the F10.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
FarNorth
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandle View Post
Adaptive led lights are around £1200 more than the adaptive xenon lights over here, which are around £11-1200 already.

Just looked at the 3 series and the adaptive lights on that are the same as already offered on the F10.
Hm, are you sure? I have never tried the f1x or f3x with adaptive headlights, but as far as I have been told it's a much more advanced xenon adaptive headlight system on the f3x. That means the system on the f3x will work more like the LED system in the video, e.g. the light will spread like in the video and only the left high beam can be turned off while the right one remains on if you meet another car (or just the other way around in GB). That means you still can see a lot more on the right side of the road which I think will be a great improvement.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #26
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

No I think I was probably wrong now. This page shows new adaptive lights like you were saying. I was looking in the configurator before and it showed the same description for them as the F10s, so it cant have been updated. Interestingly the 3 doesn't appear to have LED lights as an option and has the squared off rings. I wonder if xenons will become standard on the LCI and adaptive leds the lighting option. Maybe squared off halo rings from LCI onwards too, would make it very easy to spot an LCI then.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #27
FarNorth
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandle View Post
No I think I was probably wrong now. This page shows new adaptive lights like you were saying. I was looking in the configurator before and it showed the same description for them as the F10s, so it cant have been updated. Interestingly the 3 doesn't appear to have LED lights as an option and has the squared off rings. I wonder if xenons will become standard on the LCI and adaptive leds the lighting option. Maybe squared off halo rings from LCI onwards too, would make it very easy to spot an LCI then.
Sadly I think we maybe have to wait to late April before BMW will present the LCI.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #28
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

I see these type of posts pop up constantly and the reason these type of posts pop up constantly are because car manufacturers are constantly tweaking and updating their vehicles. i shouldn't even say cars, because every thing gets tweaked or updated; motorcycles, jets, fridges, iphone 5 / 5S, it's going to happen. Why waste your energy worrying about having the latest and the greatest? Yes, it'd be nice to have the updated LCI dashboard, yes, it'd be nice to have slight power increase, yes it'd be nice to have the new adaptive headlights, but will you cease to exist because you don't have it for the next 2-3 years? most likely not. Enjoy what you have now, because who's not to say you won't get struck down by a freak typhoon/monsoon/hurricane/tornado/earthquake/pscho girlfriend/wife/rabid elephant attack between now and september.

Just my two cents. I have a 2013 F10 and a 2013 F30, they can tweak and change it all they want, i'm content with what i have and if something comes out that i just have to have, i can transfer my lease, light my car on fire, park it in the ghetto with the key fob sitting on the hood, or let some circus midget take it for a joy ride...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #29
freeewilly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

I will care about the LCI if I'm planning the keep the car for a long time. Since it's my first time leasing the car (3 yrs lease). I don't care as much.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #30
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I see these type of posts pop up constantly and the reason these type of posts pop up constantly are because car manufacturers are constantly tweaking and updating their vehicles. i shouldn't even say cars, because every thing gets tweaked or updated; motorcycles, jets, fridges, iphone 5 / 5S, it's going to happen. Why waste your energy worrying about having the latest and the greatest? Yes, it'd be nice to have the updated LCI dashboard, yes, it'd be nice to have slight power increase, yes it'd be nice to have the new adaptive headlights, but will you cease to exist because you don't have it for the next 2-3 years? most likely not. Enjoy what you have now, because who's not to say you won't get struck down by a freak typhoon/monsoon/hurricane/tornado/earthquake/pscho girlfriend/wife/rabid elephant attack between now and september.

Just my two cents. I have a 2013 F10 and a 2013 F30, they can tweak and change it all they want, i'm content with what i have and if something comes out that i just have to have, i can transfer my lease, light my car on fire, park it in the ghetto with the key fob sitting on the hood, or let some circus midget take it for a joy ride...
I nominate this post as one of the more profound messages I have read in sometime. I believe some of us are just too smart of our wits. We need latest, greatest, a deal and then we need our BMW community to praise our choice.

In the end, this guy is so right on many levels. And he's got both cars I get going back and forth on. So he must be doing something right!
Appreciate 0