2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs Collinite 476s aftercare / topup

11-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
daveoc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520d

Collinite 476s aftercare / topup

Hi everyone, I recently detailed my space grey F10 and finished off with Collinite 476s wax. A few weeks on and im looking for the best way to maintain before rewaxing in a few months. Currently using autoglym snowfoam, wash with a mitt, rinse and dry with a towel. Could anyone recommend any other/additional steps, a quick detailing spray or any other approach to aftercare?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

I like the kenotek show room shine, its a good qd/spray wax.

I've been more than impressed with......

here is a pic after a wash/QD with Kenotek approximately 1 year after I applied the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating.

Appreciate 1
gabypr150.00
      11-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe

Using a QD detailer to maintain your paint is the sure fire way to slowly induce scratches into your clear coat. The more dust/dirt that you remove every time, the faster the scratches will appear. It's not an overnight thing, it's a gradual thing. Here's why.

As for your question OP, a proper 2-bucket wash when necessary with a mild soap is the best thing that you can do. You will also need to understand that a wax does NOT always last as long as the manufacturer claims, so you must learn how to tell whem your wax needs to be replaced. It TOTALLY depends on the environment that your car is subjected to and what you use to maintain it. Washing the car ONCE with some Dawn dish washing liquid will strip nearly all of the wax off the car. That's why WHAT you use and HOW OFTEN you use it will affect how long your wax will last

So don't get the idea that your wax is going to last X amount of time, learn how to tell when your wax has worn substantially and then replace it. It's really is nothing more than common sense but some professional detailers and detailing manufacturers don't want you to think that way because it hurts their income.