2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions DIY: F10 M-Sport Lower grill removal (central ornamental grill)

12-10-2016, 04:58 AM   #1
mitakam
Rep
Drives: F10 530d M-Sport

DIY: F10 M-Sport Lower grill removal (central ornamental grill)

Hello guys,

Here is quick DIY on removing the lower center ornamental grill on F10 M-Sport. And I know the car is dirty and the tape is not blue painters but that was the situation …

1. Tape off the area around the grill
2. The flaps behind the kidney grills do not cover the area between the outmost two slats and here is where you can guide a mirror through. Tape off the area
3. Insert the mirror
4. The grill is held in total by 10 click tabs. The trick here is that the bump in the click slot is towards the center of the grill so even if you insert a trim wedge between the grill and the housing you will not help releasing the click tab but only pushing it more firmly against the bump.
5. After looking online for pics of the grill and the housing and also based on this thread (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=662717) I decided that I can adopt this method for the lower grill as well. Keep in mind that not all tabs are for securing but you will get pretty good idea from the attached photos.
6. There is no access to the lower tabs with the hose removal tool but once you release the upper and side click tabs you can just pull nice and firmly and the lower part will come off as well.
7. The grill came out nice and intact !!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0