2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes New Wheels and Tires?

08-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
Ultimate5driver
Ultima Hombre
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i Xdrive

Question New Wheels and Tires?

Hey everyone, I'm new on this site and have a few questions about Wheels and Tires. I just bought a new 2012 535i w/Xdrive and the only thing I'm not fond of is my wheels. I wanna get a real nice set of wheels, thinking about ADV1 or Forgiato, probably 20's and wanna fit them with good tires like Michelin PS2's or Pirelli's.

I wanted to know if anyone has a similar set up and possible pics as well? And could anyone give me a ballpark figure on the cost of something like this, cause these wheel companies don't list prices for some stupid reason! And FYI I have the TPMS so that'll also have to factor in. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258

Adv.1 wheels are not what you think they are. Read the above and the certification of their wheels are also questionable.

I do like their marketing strategy in trying to grab portray themselves as the 'ELITE' wheel brand as they show lots of high end luxury cars outfitted with their wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
Ultimate5driver
Ultima Hombre
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258

Adv.1 wheels are not what you think they are. Read the above and the certification of their wheels are also questionable.

I do like their marketing strategy in trying to grab portray themselves as the 'ELITE' wheel brand as they show lots of high end luxury cars outfitted with their wheels.
Bobblehead thanks for the heads up. They always seemed like a good company. I guess it's Forgiato Wheels! You got any recommendations for a specific wheel brand?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Generally, every person will have their favorite wheel design & construction and it's hard for me to say this wheel is better than another wheel, it comes down to personal tastes.

For Adv.1, I just want to make sure bloggers like us are kept informed of the reputation of the wheel manuf and obviosuly, there will be issues or problems even with the most famous brands, but ultimately, the wheel manuf. has to step up to the plate to correct the matter ASAP, rather than give the consumers all kind of excuses and lies. A similar story also happened for the Morr brand. That story with a blogger here is still NOT resolved.

For me, after researching for about 2 months of a forged set, I have looked at BBS, Advan, Volks and HRE and have finally settled on Forgeline last week.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...=722041&page=3
see post #50 ... but in Gunmetal color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate5driver View Post
Bobblehead thanks for the heads up. They always seemed like a good company. I guess it's Forgiato Wheels! You got any recommendations for a specific wheel brand?
Appreciate 0