2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Swap lease

09-09-2014, 04:07 AM   #1
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550ix M-SPORT

Swap lease

Hey has anyone on here used swap lease? If so how did it work? Was it worth it? All input is much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
DaIceCreaMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550XI

Yes it's worth it depending if you find a deal before you sign up. I found 2 cars on there and almost pulled the trigger on the 2nd one until I calculated in Georgia vehicle tax and went another route instead.

You just need to get all of the information from the seller to make it worth it and to understand the options that they have for their lease term like buyout amount, number of miles on the car currently, number of miles allowed per year etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 04:14 AM   #3
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaIceCreaMan
Yes it's worth it depending if you find a deal before you sign up. I found 2 cars on there and almost pulled the trigger on the 2nd one until I calculated in Georgia vehicle tax and went another route instead.

You just need to get all of the information from the seller to make it worth it and to understand the options that they have for their lease term like buyout amount, number of miles on the car currently, number of miles allowed per year etc.
Lol I'm trying to get rid of my lease on there... Any advice for that?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Spaceship

I've dealt with them once before but you have to be careful to who you deal with.

Buying:
One time I had a bad experience because transferring of the lease is kind of tricky. Your car will be with the seller till after the 3rd stage of the lease then BMW will ship you paperwork that you take to DMV for registration. All that time during the transfer you don't know how your car is being treated. Some sellers usually end up taking cars on vacations right before they legally hand the keys over. That is something swap-a-lease won't be responsible for.

Selling:
How fast you get rid of a car depends on three factors on swap a lease:
Months remaining on the lease, Monthly payments and Miles per month.

So its sort of a risk but if you find a good deal you can save some money.

Last edited by BavariaExclusive; 09-12-2014 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: Mistake
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:51 AM   #5
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavariaExclusive
I've dealt with them once before but you have to be careful to who you deal with.

Buying:
One time I had a bad experience because transferring of the lease is kind of tricky. Your car will be with the seller till after the 3rd stage of the lease then BMW will ship you paperwork that you take to DMV for registration. All that time during the transfer you don't know how your car is being treated. Some sellers usually end up taking cars on vacations right before they legally hand the keys over. That is something swap-a-lease won't be responsible for.

Selling:
How fast you get rid of a car depends on three factors on swap a lease:
Months remaining on the lease, Monthly payments and Miles per month.

So its sort of a risk but if you find a good deal you can save some money.
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated..!!
Appreciate 0