2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Power steering issue - Anyone else?

10-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Power steering issue - Anyone else?

About a month ago I started to receive a warning message "Chassis: Drive Moderately" every time I would take the car out. It would clear when I would restart the car but it always came back.

I brought the car in for service and they found the transmission fluid to be low by .8 of a quart. They topped it up.

The next day the issue came back. I brought the car back in and they got some higher level tech engaged and it was determined that the power steering pump to be defective. WTF? The car only has 11,000 KM on it

So they gave me a loaner as they say the car was not safe to drive so I am stuck with a 320i while they order the part.... 2 weeks for the part to come in from Germany! Hopefully I will have my car back early next week.

Anyone else have this issue? I think it is odd that this would fail so early.

Low on tranny fluid too... that was a shocker! No leaks were found and I am the original owner so nothing would have contributed to this that I am aware of.

I dont have issues with the dealer itself, they are very good... I just think its a little ridiculous to have to wait 2 weeks for a part to come from germany, certainly a part that renders the car unsafe or undriveable when it fails

My car is a 2013 535i xDrive. Love the car, have not had any issue with it before, not have I ever had any issues with any BMW Ive owned, but this is ridiculous/