2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Missing Sport Plus Mode?

09-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #23
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kave View Post
On my my2012 the display changes from sport+ to Comfort when disabling dstc completeley, ie holding the button for several seconds....
Similar here.

My 2011 build 535i with Comfort, Normal, Sport & Sport+ modes returns to Normal mode when DSC is disabled.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #24
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
On my my2012 the display changes from sport+ to Comfort when disabling dstc completeley, ie holding the button for several seconds.
What I mean is that the total configurations is 10:
Eco Pro and D
EcoPro and S
Comfort and D
Comfort and S
Sport and D
Sport and S
Sport+ and D
Sport+ and S
Comfort Dstc off D
Comfort Dstc off S
I can understand it makes mote sence in a high revving petrol, on the diesels the rpm range is quite limited
I am going for a testride in a 2014 535D today to see the difference.
Strange... My display says "DSTC Off" instead of Sport or Sport+. Your car is newer than mine and quite possibly different settings for different models...

535D is a great car Have driven the 640d with the same engine, it pulls like a train
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #25
kave
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Touring 2012

Garage List
Sorry, my 520D changes display from whatever mode to DSC off.
And it certainly changes from Sport+ or Sport to Comfort since it shifts up one or two gears while deactivating DSC.
The car I testdrove today was a a 2014 535D with Sports automatic gearbox, and that car behaved exactly the same as my 2012. It also had Sport and Sport+ modes.
To me they made no sense at all in this car, flipping gear lever to S makes the gearbox downshift earlier and that is all I want.
Nice that while driving in Eco Pro mode I noticed the cruise mode, ie it switches to Neutral in certain cases.
      06-01-2017, 12:09 PM   #26
enes28
Private
Turkey
Rep
Drives: Polo TSI

how can I add sport+ mode in F10 ?
Whivh parameters I change ?
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #27
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by enes28 View Post
how can I add sport+ mode in F10 ?
Whivh parameters I change ?
It must be coded. Check the coding section. IIRC 205 needs to be changed to 2TB; or vise versa...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 04:14 AM   #28
enes28
Private
Turkey
Rep
Drives: Polo TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
It must be coded. Check the coding section. IIRC 205 needs to be changed to 2TB; or vise versa...
I just add 2tb vo code ? is it harmful for car ?
How can we do sport + mode without vo code ? wiht fdl code
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #29
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

Quote:
I have Sport and Sport+ on my car, they are all quite silly and I never use them, even on the track. I use Eco-Pro on daily driving and DSTC Off when on a track.
Who drives these boats on a track?
      09-18-2017, 04:14 PM   #30
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Bill View Post
Sounds almost like a, gasp, manual transmission!

Quote:
Well, I find these modes silly anyway, when going fast on a track you like to have it dstc completely off, which forces car to comfort mode.
For faster and a more "sporty" gearchange I can flip the gearlever to S mode.
Further, I like to know how much a certain angle on the gas pedal gives you, having 12 variants is just confusing and silly.
Somewhat true but I would agree if default mode was that of sport/sport+, not the way those variants feel in normal and comfort. I get what you're trying to say with modes being silly, but I find they significantly change the way car handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
Who drives these boats on a track?
I mean I don't personally, it's not my thing, but why not?
It's still 300-400HP sedan that's considered benchmark in it's class and also handles great at very high speeds. I have few co-workers who purchased old Toyota Corolla and Matrix for track days, they are having tons of fun with those, I'm guessing some fun can be had with F10 on the track
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #31
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post

I mean I don't personally, it's not my thing, but why not?
It's still 300-400HP sedan that's considered benchmark in it's class and also handles great at very high speeds. I have few co-workers who purchased old Toyota Corolla and Matrix for track days, they are having tons of fun with those, I'm guessing some fun can be had with F10 on the track
Weight
      09-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #32
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
Weight
Well, I understand that and I doubt they had track days in mind when they developed it. My point was more than you can have fun on the track in pretty much anything. Heavy as it might be and not nimble, F10 is amazing at very high speeds. For those who go to the track it's just different kind of experience comparing to small nimble sporty vehicles I guess?

Without derailing the thread too much, I tried, very, very hard to find something that handles better in this class, and couldn't. Properly optioned F10 (RWD/DHP or M sport) while maybe not as sporty as 5 series were in the past is still ahead of the competition in that regard in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #33
535_BiTurbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550I - BMS Stg 1 & CAI

Quote:
I have Sport and Sport+ on my car, they are all quite silly and I never use them, even on the track. I use Eco-Pro on daily driving and DSTC Off when on a track.
You're missing out. Sport+ makes a huge difference
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #34
BMW BRAD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M, F31 328d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
On my car, the Sport and Sport+ mode make a big difference. I allmost never drive my car in normal mode...

Sport makes the throttle much more responsive and I use it in connection with manual shifts (either paddles or gear lever) whenever I drive. I also get nice throttle blips/rev matching on downshifts, which makes it a joy to manually downshift into roundabouts, corners etc...

Sport+ and M mode on the gearshifts leves me in total command of gear shifts. No kick down to a lower gear unless I manually choose a lower gear and no upshifts on redline unless I choose to manually shift gears. It stays in the gear you, the DRIVER, have chosen

Maybe not as noticeable difference on a diesel?
Oh no, I notice a HUGE difference in my 535d M Sport! Sport+ is the only way to drive! Ha Ha!
      09-29-2017, 07:59 AM   #35
abhaxus
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M Sport

On my 2012 550i Msport with Adaptive Drive (dynamic dampers plus ARS), without the paddle shifters, the modes appear to do the following:

Sport+: DTC On (traction control only, stability control off), transmission in DS mode regardless of shifter position, instant throttle response. Suspension is tight, ride is rough.
Sport: configurable in idrive as drivetrain, chassis, or both. If in "both," feels exactly the same as sport+ but DTC is not engaged automatically. I usually only use sport when it's raining so I get full DSC with same ride and responsiveness as sport+. Chassis only mode offers same ride as sport+ but slower throttle response and transmission only goes to sport mode if shifter moved to DS position

Comfort: slower throttle, standard ride
Comfort+: seems like same throttle as comfort, but I call this mode "Lexus mode" or "boat mode" with my friends. The ride is cloud like.

On my car, in any mode including sport+ , with M on transmission, it will kick down if I push the gas pedal all the way to floor past the point of resistance at the end of the pedal. On the interstate it will immediately drop from 8th to 4th, which is entertaining for all involved. Pushed all the way down, it will upshift at redline. Up to the point of resistance, I believe it will stay in gear and hit rev limiter, but I haven't tried.

Edit: forgot to include year. Also, if you set sport mode to be both chassis and drivetrain in idrive, if you turn on full DSC OFF in sport+, I'm pretty sure it says SPORT DSC OFF on the dash display.

Last edited by abhaxus; 09-29-2017 at 08:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 09:53 PM   #36
castlepines
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535xi

Bimmertech Sport+ remote coding via cable Bimmer-Tech

If you do not have Sport+ mode on your F10 you can purchase it through Bimmertech USB remote coding via cable for approx. $100 plus a nominal charge for the cable.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/bmw-idrive-coding/

I paid close to $2,000 for a Dinan performance software upgrade and I honestly think that Sport+ makes more of a difference. This is an incredible value. It was easy to schedule a remote coding session and attach the cable to the port in the driver's footwell and then via ethernet connector to my laptop. The session took about 5 minutes and then Sport+ was installed and worked perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 09:59 PM   #37
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofflewis@me.com View Post
If you do not have Sport+ mode on your F10 you can purchase it through Bimmertech USB remote coding via cable for approx. $100 plus a nominal charge for the cable.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/bmw-idrive-coding/

I paid close to $2,000 for a Dinan performance software upgrade and I honestly think that Sport+ makes more of a difference. This is an incredible value. It was easy to schedule a remote coding session and attach the cable to the port in the driver's footwell and then via ethernet connector to my laptop. The session took about 5 minutes and then Sport+ was installed and worked perfectly.
Bimmercode (and adapter) is cheaper AND one can code at will. It is also rather easy.
Appreciate 0