2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Connected Drive Subscription

10-05-2017, 01:52 AM   #1
Christoefur
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535d

Connected Drive Subscription

Hello

I recently purchased a 2014 535d msport. I really enjoy the entertainment features of the car, specifically I love how I can split screen and display weather widget and the ability to browse through my spotify playlist/albums etc.

This past weekend I was playing around with the car and found out I also have remote access to unlock/lock the vehicle and saw the subscription is till 2024. One thing though, I also noticed that the connected Drive service subscription expires this year in about 20 days or so.

I'm not quite sure what this subscription entails, for sure it'll probably take away the weather widget/splitscreen but would this remove the spotify app as well?

any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Chris
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 03:48 AM   #2
Nico2014
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Series 5 520d se f10

Hi Chris,
From my understanding and experience so far, I believe your Spotify app will still work regardless of your subscription or not. What you will lose if you do not renew your subscription, is the bmw online (weather, news etc), RTTI (traffic management), Messages (email/text/service emails), remote access (lock/unlock/ light on/off, etc).

Regards,

Nick
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoefur View Post
Hello

I recently purchased a 2014 535d msport. I really enjoy the entertainment features of the car, specifically I love how I can split screen and display weather widget and the ability to browse through my spotify playlist/albums etc.

This past weekend I was playing around with the car and found out I also have remote access to unlock/lock the vehicle and saw the subscription is till 2024. One thing though, I also noticed that the connected Drive service subscription expires this year in about 20 days or so.

I'm not quite sure what this subscription entails, for sure it'll probably take away the weather widget/splitscreen but would this remove the spotify app as well?

any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Chris
As long as you have S6NRA BMW apps your Spotify should work just fine. One reason I use the snap-in adapter is to control the apps through the iDrive (like songs, change/create "stations", etc.).

Fortunately for us somewhere along the line BMW separated Concierge Services from (I don't remember the exact names) RTTI (real time traffic) and BMW Online. The package was $200 per year for it all; now it's $100 for Concierge Services and $50 each for online and RTTI. I paid the $50 per for online and RTI but didn't get Concierge as I don't need someone else to do what I can.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 01:51 AM   #4
Christoefur
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535d

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0