2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Unlevelled rear suspension

06-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
surreybmwdriver
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 525d Imperial Blue

Unlevelled rear suspension

I took delivery of my F10 back in March. Since day one, the rear suspension seemed a bit unlevelled to me (rear right corner seemed to be a bit lower than the rear left) by nearly half an inch. A while back, I decided to measure the height. I did this by measuring the height from the bottom of the bumper down to the tarmac on both sides and the half inch difference was there.

I talked to the dealer and they asked me to measure properly, from the top of the rear wheel arch to the bottom wheel rim. The 10mm difference is still there so I booked my car in and their measurements confirmed the difference too.

However, I was told that although they can see the difference, it is within the spec - which allows up to 10mm difference for the height on the rear suspension.

Do we have any BMW technicians or experts who can confirm this? I appreciate that there is some acceptable tolerance but the difference is something I cannot miss when I look at the car. The dealer says I have very sharp eyes but that is not my fault

Have you noticed a similar issue in your car?