2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bimmertech Amp Review

04-24-2016, 01:18 AM   #23
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 2013 520i Hartge Tuning

Is logic 7 good?
Garage in hk can retrofit at a cost of HK$1x,xxx for just installation & amp & wiring...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 10:16 PM   #24
535d1420
Private
Rep
Drives: 535d

So, I installed the Bimmertech amp with the bavsound stage 1 speakers and the underseat woofers. I am hearing more sound out of the center channel and feel like the speakers cannot handle the amp at 90% of the volume. I start hearing some "wave-like" sounds which makes me push the volume down. I'm sure i need to tweek the settings a little but have you noticed this also?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #25
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535d1420 View Post
So, I installed the Bimmertech amp with the bavsound stage 1 speakers and the underseat woofers. I am hearing more sound out of the center channel and feel like the speakers cannot handle the amp at 90% of the volume. I start hearing some "wave-like" sounds which makes me push the volume down. I'm sure i need to tweek the settings a little but have you noticed this also?

Thanks!
Did Nelson give you a preset file for the Bav's cause if he did you shouldn't have any issues unless by chance you might have an install issue?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 07:15 AM   #26
535d1420
Private
Rep

Not sure if it was preinstalled on the amp. Ill wait for his response. Do i have to take the car apart again to load the file?!? Its like i hear fluttering at high volumes
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #27
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not sure if it was preinstalled on the amp. Ill wait for his response. Do i have to take the car apart again to load the file?!? Its like i hear fluttering at high volumes
It's all done via labtop to the amp. From what I've seen there's no preset files as you have to go in and set you EQ points unless Nelson had created a Bav file from which I thought from another post he did but I maybe wrong? I guess you'll have to wait for him to get back to you.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2016, 08:01 AM   #28
535d1420
Private
Rep

Okay cool. Thanks for the info. Ill wait for him to reply before i go back in. Anyone leave the usb plugged into the amp and keep the plug visible to prevent opening trunk back up? Also, is there a tutorial on how to load and store the files he gives you? I hope i can blast it without this fluttering and get harder bass! I have a lot of questions sorry ive never done this type of mod
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 03:41 PM   #29
535d1420
Private
Rep

Does anyone have a file with the bimmertech amp powering bavsound speakers and subs?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #30
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay cool. Thanks for the info. Ill wait for him to reply before i go back in. Anyone leave the usb plugged into the amp and keep the plug visible to prevent opening trunk back up? Also, is there a tutorial on how to load and store the files he gives you? I hope i can blast it without this fluttering and get harder bass! I have a lot of questions sorry ive never done this type of mod
there's a couple of guys who said they left the USB plugged in that way they can always plug their labtop in. i know i read somewhere someone had Nelson preset some files for the Bav's but i forgot if it was here or on a different BMW forum? i'll have to look again
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #31
535d1420
Private
Rep

Ok cool. Is anyone else getting this fluttering? Seems like the subs at volumes of 75 percent or more. Sounds pretty horrible right now. Its when i have the balance and fader dead center. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-30-2016, 10:11 PM   #32
Jcbama85
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

Quote:
Ok cool. Is anyone else getting this fluttering? Seems like the subs at volumes of 75 percent or more. Sounds pretty horrible right now. Its when i have the balance and fader dead center. [IMG][/IMG]
In my case I've moved the bass left of center with treble just to the left of what you have and it sounds great.
BimmerTech Amp
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #33
2016BlkBimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Can I get in on the group buy?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 11:49 PM   #34
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016BlkBimmer View Post
Can I get in on the group buy?
send Nelson a PM. i don't know if the group by is still going on since it's been awhile?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 07:30 AM   #35
rji2goleez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi

Quote:
BTW - I was pretty sure that the Bavsound/bimmertech guys recommended keeping the tone adjustments flat and doing the adjusts in the amp.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 08:03 AM   #36
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbama85 View Post
Have you decided since you now have the amp if you plan on running subs in the back or even this? thinking this would be great since i don't wanna lose any trunk space. probably with a single JL10W6 or even a 10W3 would be perfect instead on 2 12 JL's in a sealed box pressed up against the back seat? $400 bucks for this

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #37
sonnenschein3000
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 (F10 LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
No they don't. We're working with a F10 owner to create an install guide. We only have 1 tune right now which was made with the OEM speakers. We're still trying to find a local F10 with Bavsound to create one for it.
Wait hang on, do you mean to say that your amp works well with the OE speakers?

Does it make much sound difference to the OE speakers? If its a more powerful amp, won't it just burn the OE speakers out? They already distort under high volume.

Sorry for the layman questions, I'm not a speaker expert lol
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #38
galx999
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535XI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydude959 View Post
Wait hang on, do you mean to say that your amp works well with the OE speakers?

Does it make much sound difference to the OE speakers? If its a more powerful amp, won't it just burn the OE speakers out? They already distort under high volume.

Sorry for the layman questions, I'm not a speaker expert lol
It does make a difference due to the amp sending out cleaner, higher quality signals. The oem hifi speakers are of decent quality so this works. If you keep your volume in check, it should last.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #39
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcix View Post
It does make a difference due to the amp sending out cleaner, higher quality signals. The oem hifi speakers are of decent quality so this works. If you keep your volume in check, it should last.
true but did you see how puny those magnets are on the back of the speakers?! especially how the cones are made out of cheap paper! i would think you could push them but eventually it'll have that tearing sound like on my driver's door speaker...so annoying!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #40
WyGoSlw
Rep
Drives: 535 xi

Any partial upgrades to the factory system will be a blessing and a curse. If you want my opinion, do the transducers first (all of them as a kit) from BavSound and then do the Amp.
If you do one and not the other, especially if you do the Amp first, you will hear that weakest part of the system. There are no shortcuts. You replace the drivers, you need to add power. You add power, you must replace the drivers to reproduce that fidelity and to give you more sound pressure.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #41
WyGoSlw
Rep
Drives: 535 xi

Oh, and for the record, Nelson,

Your tune is still the best out there. Even with a replacement kit speaker system that I installed after the PP82DSP. The upgraded speaker system has ALL the drivers replaced and your PP82DSP amp preloaded with the factory tune is by far superior to the speaker manufacturer's tune.

I wanted to give the speaker manufacturer a shot with their tune and after loading that tune on the ATF DSP Tool, the EQ curve on all channels were very generic in nature. Not at all what I expected from a sound spectrum analysis. The EQ curve was very broad and not really conforming to any target frequency regardless of the channel I was looking at. Your tune on the other hand was very specific and specific frequencies were targeted to minimize unwanted peaks within the sound spectrum. After doing an A-B comparison of both tunes, there was no question as to which tune I was leaving in the DSP. I will wait to see if you analyze an additional F-10 with the complete speaker upgrade so I can try that tune. For now, I'm very happy with what is loaded as a factory tune. Very little editing was done on the factory tune and I'm a very happy camper.
Sounds incredible.

p.s. Just to be fair, I'm not at all bashing on the speaker upgrade kit. The drivers sounds excellent as a kit, coupled with this amp it is simply music to the ears. Just their so called "custom tune" fell a little short IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #42
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyGoSlw View Post
Oh, and for the record, Nelson,

Your tune is still the best out there. Even with a replacement kit speaker system that I installed after the PP82DSP. The upgraded speaker system has ALL the drivers replaced and your PP82DSP amp preloaded with the factory tune is by far superior to the speaker manufacturer's tune.

I wanted to give the speaker manufacturer a shot with their tune and after loading that tune on the ATF DSP Tool, the EQ curve on all channels were very generic in nature. Not at all what I expected from a sound spectrum analysis. The EQ curve was very broad and not really conforming to any target frequency regardless of the channel I was looking at. Your tune on the other hand was very specific and specific frequencies were targeted to minimize unwanted peaks within the sound spectrum. After doing an A-B comparison of both tunes, there was no question as to which tune I was leaving in the DSP. I will wait to see if you analyze an additional F-10 with the complete speaker upgrade so I can try that tune. For now, I'm very happy with what is loaded as a factory tune. Very little editing was done on the factory tune and I'm a very happy camper.
Sounds incredible.

p.s. Just to be fair, I'm not at all bashing on the speaker upgrade kit. The drivers sounds excellent as a kit, coupled with this amp it is simply music to the ears. Just their so called "custom tune" fell a little short IMO.
I can't agree more

Thank you for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 06:15 AM   #43
wajafeperez
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10 535i xi 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
Quote:
Does anyone have a video or detailed install guide? If i buy the amp from bavsound do they have any instructions and does it come preset with the F10 specs?

Thanks!
No they don't. We're working with a F10 owner to create an install guide. We only have 1 tune right now which was made with the OEM speakers. We're still trying to find a local F10 with Bavsound to create one for it.
Im able to do it i have the f10 the speakers and the amp im in the bronx ny hit me up.
Appreciate 0