2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Woman defends her BMW M5 in Vancouver riot

06-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #133
Maconer98
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i AW/CORAL RED MT

Wow! I thought these kinds of things only happened here in the States...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #134
MMOTION
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like you'll never drive again

Very sad, and as a Canadian i'm embarassed.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #135
djinferno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

god help me i would of gone to jail that day cause i would of got into that car and ran allot of those morrons over!!!! woooow!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #136
djinferno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

god help me i would of gone to jail that day cause i would of got into that car and ran allot of those morrons over!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #137
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
As a lifelong Bruins fan, I was happy to see Boston win.

The riots were an embarrassment for all hockey fans. I could say that most of the rioters do not know what a blue line is, but the point is there is no reason for this kind of thing to happen. Then next day thousands of people showed up to volunteer to clean up the mess left by the idiots.

As others have said the Vancouver Police have received many photos and videos from the public. Over a hundred people have been arrested. BC Courts will be busy.

Chief Chu had a mess to handle. His service handled the matter as well as possible given the constraints placed upon them and given that there were a lot of innocent fans who were hoping to enjoy a hockey game. If police had intervened more actively the riot would probably have escalated and spread. In the end there were a lot of broken windows in a small area of the city, some cars were destroyed and there was some looting. This can and will be repaired. No lives were lost and the riots were over within a relatively short period of time.

I hope that insurers cover the damage and do not invoke the "civil insurrection clause".
I'm not prepared to let the police off the hook here. They should have known something like this would happen. It happened in 1994, the last time the Canucks were in the Stanley Cup final. They also had ample security and crowd-control training and experience from the 2010 Winter Olympics. They should not have let things spiral out of control like this. Had the police been more active in crowd-control, none of this should happen.

Yes Kred: Vancouver is a gorgeous city, with snow-capped mountains and temperate rainforest by the sea. Beautiful Stanley Park is a must-see. The locals on the whole tend to be more friendly and relaxed too. Don't let this incident mar your desire to visit. Gun violence also tend to be lower then most American cities. Just avoid going to the "Downtown Eastside", that's where all the druggies, prostitutes and gangs hang around.

Last edited by JohnMan; 06-22-2011 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #138
///M3Lover
Captain
Rep
Drives: 04WhiteM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMOTION View Post
Very sad, and as a Canadian i'm embarassed.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMan View Post
I'm not prepared to let the police off the hook here. They should have known something like this would happen. It happened in 1994, the last time the Canucks were in the Stanley Cup final. They also had ample security and crowd-control training and experience from the 2010 Winter Olympics. They should not have let things spiral out of control like this. Had the police been more active in crowd-control, none of this should happen.

Yes Kred: Vancouver is a gorgeous city, with snow-capped mountains and temperate rainforest by the sea. Beautiful Stanley Park is a must-see. The locals on the whole tend to be more friendly and relaxed too. Don't let this incident mar your desire to visit. Gun violence also tend to be lower then most American cities. Just avoiding going to the "Downtown Eastside", that's where all the druggies, prostitutes and gangs hang around.
+1, and Don't go to Hasingtons...
There's also Vancouver Island where you can go Whale watching if you like Killer Whales. Wax Museum, Butcher Garden, Parliament building.

End of day, Vancouver Police should receive some training from Japan or China. The only thing Vancouver Police is good at is giving speeding tickets.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #139
NJM3JH
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 AW

Wink

if i was her i would stood on my roof with a AK ans start to spray those assholes and not feel bad about it
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:48 AM   #140
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
sad
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #141
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkawekrue View Post
Omfg poor car. I would of shot a mother fucker.
it you by any chance find yourself in a similar situation Id recommend that you should fire a warning shot first, that way if the mob comes after you then you are actually fearing for your life and therefore you shooting at those faggots is totally rightful(as now you are facing an inminent and unlawful treat against your life). they will run like the losers they are after the first row starts to fall.
one time in Colombia, I was in my car driving home when suddenly I found myself in front of an angry mob protesting against the government. every car, myself included, started to go back but there was this land cruiser with windows tinted as black as night which didnt go back. the driver came out and politely asked for permission and the faggots came after him with sticks and throwing stones against the guy when suddenly the guy took out a 9mm and fired a warning shot, and like 2 or 3 guys came out of the truck blazing galils(an assault rifle between an AK-47 and a Rk 62 used by Colombian armed forces)... I was like WTF!!!!! the guys moved quickly and grabbed a pair of protestors very fiercely and I dont know anything else as the running crowd made me go back and take an alternate route. I dont know what happened to those protestors but they sure had it coming picking on innocent people while shielding their coward selfs behind the mob. lol, Ill never forget that day.
on another time I was drinking with some friends when a motorcycle came out of nowhere into an avenue and went directly against the side door of a car that was waiting for the red light to change. the driver of the car came out and asked very politely to the rider of the bike what happened? and if he was alright so he could take him to the doctor(I remember thinking to myself what a gentleman, id be swearing like theres no tomorrow). the stupid ass took it against the guy of the car telling him it was his fault and shouting in the middle of the av. then from nowhere motorbikes started to gather around taking it against the owner of the car and treating him(in that particular city they are called mototaxis and there are thousands of them, most of em are lowlifes trying to make a living). the guy never lost his nerves and just tried once and again to explain that it wasnt his fault, that the guy rammed his car while he was waiting for the green light. my friends and I were like "he is so f$cked up" so we were going to call the police as they were like 50 or 60 biker(no kidding) against the guy and they were starting to get violent and taking out their shirts and stuff so we knew that if the mob took em all against the guy they would easily kill him. suddenly an army pick up truck passed by with like 10 guys from the special forces of the Colombian marine corps in the rear (they were in the city to protect the king of spain who was in for a visit) the truck went back and the marines moved quickly taking it against the mob pointing their guns at them and asking the driver of the car if everything was alright. turned out that the driver of the car was a captain of the special forces and as a tremendous coincidence an squadron happened to pass by when he needed it the most. needless to say the mob dispersed like flies in a pair of seconds.

Last edited by nemex12; 06-22-2011 at 02:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 04:17 AM   #142
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
It's really bad that type of thing keeps happening. Total disrespect for other's property. It seems like it's okay to destroy property as long as you don't know the person who owns it or if you think that person has money.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 06:28 AM   #143
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

As a Canadian...I'm just ashamed.
      06-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #144
gallian93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 cs/72 tii

Garage List
I am glad i live in the US. and am allowed to carry a firearm....
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #145
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

More proof that natural selection isn't working. We protect idiots from themselves and they in-turn breed more idiots. If we (i.e., the civilized world) would just accept the fact that smart people understand that a fresh cup of coffee shouldn't be put between our legs at a drive-thru, or that you shouldn't use a hair dryer in the bathtub, or that a plastic bag shouldn't be put over ones head, or...then all the idiots would eventually be phased out. Problem solved! It's really sad what happened to this beautiful car. It's even more sad, however, that in 2011 people feel the need to riot over a game???
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #146
MMOTION
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like you'll never drive again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallian93 View Post
I am glad i live in the US. and am allowed to carry a firearm....
I don't wanna turn this into a political firearms debate, but sometimes i agree with the US gun laws, especially in circumstances like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
More proof that natural selection isn't working. We protect idiots from themselves and they in-turn breed more idiots. If we (i.e., the civilized world) would just accept the fact that smart people understand that a fresh cup of coffee shouldn't be put between our legs at a drive-thru, or that you shouldn't use a hair dryer in the bathtub, or that a plastic bag shouldn't be put over ones head, or...then all the idiots would eventually be phased out. Problem solved! It's really sad what happened to this beautiful car. It's even more sad, however, that in 2011 people feel the need to riot over a game???
+1

Sad part is, this riot had nothing to do with the game. Wine/Lose the riot would have commenced, i mean why would someone bring a ski mask to a game...just sayin'
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #147
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiliy View Post
If someone with access can run her lisence plate so that we can all pitch in and send her a gift. My wife would have killed for her bimmer also. I like how these morons are trying to do something to the car when she is not looking at them.
I agree and so would my wife. Lets find this brave girl and help out.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #148
XieJin
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i xDrive

Wow that made me so angry i started sweating and then pounded my hand into the table making my cat fly half a metre in the air. I might have dislocated my pinky aswell.... WOW, just WOW... i can't believe SEVERAL people would do that and NOBODY helped her.... disgusting
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #149
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffnbluff View Post
So it's her fault because she parked there, not the worthless bunch of Canuck losers rioting?

This is NOT a normal reaction. Hell I was at game 4 of the world series in 2004 at Busch stadium when the Red Sox swept the Cardinals. Was I pissed my team lost? Yeah. Did the city of STL riot after the game? No, everyone just left sulking with the hopes of next year. I remember walking outside and being shocked when I saw a bunch of S.W.A.T. teams out there just incase things got out of hand. But nothing ever happened because people here realize it's just a game and have respect for themselves and their city.

I was also at game 5 in 2006 when the Cards won the world series. Again, no riots. Instead people went outside and cheered and went to the bars and celebrated peacefully.

Yes its her Fault....flame me all you want. Im from Montreal you guys have probably seen some rioting on tv from here. Put it this way when it's playoff time they block some streets, the cops helicopters are there, horses. You can expect those things from any Canadian hockey city.

Hockey in Canada is like soccer for europeans. Please don't compare baseball...football is way bigger then baseball nowadays. Then again whos going to riot during superbowl because it's ALWAYS Played in an other city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #150
GiovanniE90
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E 90 335"IS" & X5 3.0

WTF, no one helped.WOW!!

THATS A BEATING!!

I hope those girls are alright, matter of fact we should start a fund raiser or something.

Hopefully someone knows her and could keep us posted on what the status is with those girls and the car.

Hopefully insurance took care of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #151
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Then again whos going to riot during superbowl because it's ALWAYS Played in an other city.
Yes, becaue rioting is best when you are decimating your own home turf.

Similarly, I never get pissed at bad store clerk - I only get pissed off when shopping onlne at home, because then I get to punch my cat and shoot off my hunting rifle through the neighbors windows.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #152
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Oh My God!!
I think this video teachs you sometimes you can kill for your car!
      06-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #153
Cobu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
I really hope BMW offers this poor girl something for defending her car like that. She definitely deserves it :/
+ 1
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #154
Phil325
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankstar43 View Post
would have pulled out a wrench from my tool set i keep in the back of the car and gave somebody a trip to the local Canadian hospital for some of that free health care
well said.

i feel horrible for the lady. i'm sure insurance will do something about this because seriously...this is bull. i understand sports and loyalty but this is definitely man at its worst