2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 535i tranny flash

08-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
ppatel223
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 I3.0

535i tranny flash

Is there a way to flash regular auto transmission with SAT software or perhaps Alpina tranny flash such as e9x
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

There are threads elsewhere on how to upgrade to SAT, but it also involves changing the gear lever module and, optional, adding the paddle shift steering wheel.

I recently had my car coded and got the latest engine and transmission software. I have the SAT, but the latest software transformed the engine!!! Sound and performance noticeably much improved! Transmission software enhanced shifting and not least in Sport+ and M mode it now holds the selected gear. There is no kick down function in Sport+ anymore, it doesn't downshift unless you MANUALLY downshift yourselves. When hitting the redline it doesn't upshift unless YOU shift up. Ideal for spirited driving on twisty roads, leaving the driver in control! And rev matching on downshifts are also much more aggressive and noticeable.

Last edited by Boss330; 09-14-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
BigDeep1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Sport - P1, P2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
There are threads elsewhere on how to upgrade to SAT, but it also involves changing the gear lever module and, optional, adding the paddle shift steering wheel.

I recently had my car coded and got the latest engine and transmission software. I have the SAT, but the latest software transformed the engine!!! Sound and performance noticeably much improved! Transmission software enhanced shifting and not least in Sport+ and M mode it now holds the selected gear. There is no kick down function in Sport+ anymore, it doesn't downshift unless you MANUALLY downshift yourselves. When hitting the redline it doesn't upshift unless YOU shift up. Ideal for spirited driving on twisty roads, leaving the driver in control! And rev matching on downshifts are also much more aggressive and noticeable.
Sweet!! Who did the update? That sounds like a dealership update. Wouldn't the dealership give you the most recent software if you have a current F10 in warranty?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
Sweet!! Who did the update? That sounds like a dealership update. Wouldn't the dealership give you the most recent software if you have a current F10 in warranty?
Alex@Alpine did the coding for me, he has posts on the coding forums. Really pleased with his service.

The update is genuine BMW software and latest version. Over here it seems like the only free updates are for the iDrive and related software. No freebies on engine and transmission software I believe (unlike Volvo that advertises free software updates on their cars when doing service at their dealers).

Not sure how much you would have to pay for software updates via the dealer? The nice thing about doing a coding session is that you also can add so many cool features at the same time, like Sport Displays, soft close doors, and so many more available options. The dealer won't code that for you unless you ordered it with the car... Just check out the coding forum and find out more about it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
ppatel223
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Alex@Alpine did the coding for me, he has posts on the coding forums. Really pleased with his service.

The update is genuine BMW software and latest version. Over here it seems like the only free updates are for the iDrive and related software. No freebies on engine and transmission software I believe (unlike Volvo that advertises free software updates on their cars when doing service at their dealers).

Not sure how much you would have to pay for software updates via the dealer? The nice thing about doing a coding session is that you also can add so many cool features at the same time, like Sport Displays, soft close doors, and so many more available options. The dealer won't code that for you unless you ordered it with the car... Just check out the coding forum and find out more about it.
Is there a way you can provide software for update? I already know how to code my car. I have done many changes to my car from coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
ppatel223
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Which coding forum are you referring to? I don't see thread in this forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppatel223 View Post
Which coding forum are you referring to? I don't see thread in this forum.
This is the coding forum:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=463

Alex@Alpine's thread:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720230

My review of the coding session:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880945
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
EV0LVE
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i SG

You can contact mwpos. He did sat shifter on his car and the paddles on mine. He knows his stuff.
Appreciate 0