2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW Assist New Retrofit/Compensation Question

10-25-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
f10seriesbmw
Rep
Drives: F10

BMW Assist New Retrofit/Compensation Question

Just wanted to throw this out there and see if I can get some answers regarding this. Since BMW is offering the Official Combox Retrofit and/or a compensation via a gift card of your choice but requires you to deactivate your current service/combox which will disable Assist Features,

I wanted to find out whether our coding possibilities would change should you get this upgraded NEXT Combox unit or will we be able to code it the same way including things such as BMW Online, Tethering etc.

Also, If we choose the Gift Card route, will BMW disable these current assist features on the spot during the appointment?

If anyone has any additional information not including what is already posted out there on the forum, I'm sure everyone can benefit from this who is affected.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 06:05 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Either deactivation or upgrade comes requires an appointment.

For deactivation, they will program vehicle on the spot to remove options and then Gift Card can be used; the entire amount must be used at once and does not cover tax.

For upgrade, it requires new parts and programming vehicle. It takes about a half day.
Appreciate 0