2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes DIY Coilover install step by step

06-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
Aiden.Detailing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 5series

DIY Coilover install step by step

Hi guys,
Does anyone on this forum have a literally step by step tutorial on the removal of a coilover systems with the f10 with or without the EDC module? I'm wanting to see if anyone has had this and i have literally spent a full week multiple hours and nothing. this post here http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628336 is helpful but i feel like its not so much in depth!!! props to the owner of this thread I'm not bashing I'm just not to savvy without a step by step bolt by bolt DIY!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Skeeter_f10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden.Detailing View Post
Hi guys,
Does anyone on this forum have a literally step by step tutorial on the removal of a coilover systems with the f10 with or without the EDC module? I'm wanting to see if anyone has had this and i have literally spent a full week multiple hours and nothing. this post here http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628336 is helpful but i feel like its not so much in depth!!! props to the owner of this thread I'm not bashing I'm just not to savvy without a step by step bolt by bolt DIY!!!!!
I lowered my own car. It's pretty easy honestly as long as you have some air tools. Took me about 2-3 hours to do all four sides. I didn't do a tutorial. If you have any question feel free to ask. Just make sure you don't over tighten the top hat when reinstalling and also the rears you access the 3 nuts through the speaker housing behind the seat.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
Aiden.Detailing
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter_f10 View Post
I lowered my own car. It's pretty easy honestly as long as you have some air tools. Took me about 2-3 hours to do all four sides. I didn't do a tutorial. If you have any question feel free to ask. Just make sure you don't over tighten the top hat when reinstalling and also the rears you access the 3 nuts through the speaker housing behind the seat.
Skeeter_f10 so the fronts will only be the bolt that holds the strut at the bottom and the three to the top and the sway bar top bolt to loosen and then push down the lower control arm and rotor to het the strut free???? the rear is loosen the lower strut bolt the top three through the speaker insert, an then loosen the rear sway bar end links and to remove the strut i assume i need to remove these part can you please tell me what part this is?

Can you please tell em if this is the best way to install the coilers or did you find another faster way and what does will be needed? any help is always appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #4
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

do you have a xdrive? I have an xdrive and I ran into problems removing the front struts. this DIY is for non xdrive version.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
Aiden.Detailing
First Lieutenant
Rep

na don't have a x drive....
Appreciate 0