2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) No BMW Movements in the UK?

12-08-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
svowles
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 525d M Sport Touring

No BMW Movements in the UK?

Gah!...Should have taken delivery on my F11 last week, but the dealer sent me this on the 1st of December in respect of the current bad weather we're having in the UK.....

--

Due to the severe weather conditions that our distribution colleagues are faced with, there will be no vehicles moving in or out of Thorne VDC and other storage locations across the country.

For this reason and due to the limited number of staff at Thorne VDC and other distribution sites, there will be no deliveries to dealers, no possibility of collections from Thorne VDC and EDD's will be delayed as cars cannot be retrieved from the ports.

We ask for your patience and understanding - Thorne VDC will do all they can to move things along, as and when the weather conditions improve.

--

Its now the 8th, there has been no snow for days and still no news. The dealer states that no communications are being replied to.

Rubbish!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Actually it's still pretty treacherous around there. Since the bad snow last week (up to two feet in South Yorkshire) it hasn't gone above freezing day or night and the white stuff is taking an age to clear. I've passed the Thorne VDC many times and I dread to think what the lot looks like. A big white car park with bumps in it I would imagine.

No excuse for the lack of communication though.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
svowles
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 525d M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Actually it's still pretty treacherous around there. Since the bad snow last week (up to two feet in South Yorkshire) it hasn't gone above freezing day or night and the white stuff is taking an age to clear. I've passed the Thorne VDC many times and I dread to think what the lot looks like. A big white car park with bumps in it I would imagine.

No excuse for the lack of communication though.
Cheers Rich.
Appreciate 0