2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Stolen receovered 535D M Sport. HELP!!!!

01-26-2014, 12:30 AM   #1
jinmadrid
Rep
Drives: 535D M Sport F11

Unhappy Stolen receovered 535D M Sport. HELP!!!!

Help!!!
My pride and joy was stolen at knifepoint on 9th January last.
It turned up yesterday crashed and absolutely manky inside. I kept the car immaculate. It only had 20,000 miles on the clock. Has virtually every extra including rear seat ent, adaptive drive, integ. act. steering etc etc etc.
The car was stolen while showing it to prospective buyers who turned out to be opportunistic thieving bastards.
Car seems to have been driven hard by the thieves.
They have had it in a ditch somewhere as the side is all scraped, 19 inch M sport allows all damaged and scraped. Also, the steering linkage to the left front wheel has been severed completey. Also damage to the front left of the car. *** burns all over the interior. Also, the ionterior is absolutely covered in the dust used by the cops to take finger prints.
Does anyone know where I stand now with the insurers? Am I obliged to take the car back? Of course, they havent settled the claim so far.
but I know myself that this car will never be the car I had before it was taken. also, its resale value is now probably halved or worse.
I bought it in Jan 2011 but the car was genuinely like new. I am so depressed.
I have a comprehensive insurance policy.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #2
Hprice1099
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinmadrid View Post
Help!!!
My pride and joy was stolen at knifepoint on 9th January last.
It turned up yesterday crashed and absolutely manky inside. I kept the car immaculate. It only had 20,000 miles on the clock. Has virtually every extra including rear seat ent, adaptive drive, integ. act. steering etc etc etc.
The car was stolen while showing it to prospective buyers who turned out to be opportunistic thieving bastards.
Car seems to have been driven hard by the thieves.
They have had it in a ditch somewhere as the side is all scraped, 19 inch M sport allows all damaged and scraped. Also, the steering linkage to the left front wheel has been severed completey. Also damage to the front left of the car. *** burns all over the interior. Also, the ionterior is absolutely covered in the dust used by the cops to take finger prints.
Does anyone know where I stand now with the insurers? Am I obliged to take the car back? Of course, they havent settled the claim so far.
but I know myself that this car will never be the car I had before it was taken. also, its resale value is now probably halved or worse.
I bought it in Jan 2011 but the car was genuinely like new. I am so depressed.
I have a comprehensive insurance policy.
First of all do you have gap insurance? It's entirely upto you what to do, you can make a claim with the insurance company, you can keep the car and not make a claim (repair it yourself) or make a claim and ask the insurance company if you can buy the car back and get a reduced claim (the car will be recorded)
Personaly I'd make a claim and get a new car, but it's upto you
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 04:11 AM   #3
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d MSport xDrive

Bad news indeed.
This is the reason why Gap insurance exists.

G30 530d M Sport xdrive, Adaptive Drive and with all of the important options.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #4
jinmadrid
Rep

Thanks for your message Hprice. I dont have GAP insurance. Car insurance policy is comprehensive with EUR400 excess. But my feeling is that the insurance company will want to repair the car and give it back to me. I think I will be obliged to take it back. But one or two friends have told me otherwise. There is no outstanding finance on the car. It is 100% mine.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 04:51 AM   #5
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

In that case, don't claim on the insurance, just repair it and get rid.
Unless its recorded.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 04:54 AM   #6
Hprice1099
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinmadrid View Post
Thanks for your message Hprice. I dont have GAP insurance. Car insurance policy is comprehensive with EUR400 excess. But my feeling is that the insurance company will want to repair the car and give it back to me. I think I will be obliged to take it back. But one or two friends have told me otherwise. There is no outstanding finance on the car. It is 100% mine.
I'd tell them to do one and insist they right it off, they have no way of knowing of the internal damage. Did you ask your insurer?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #7
jinmadrid
Rep

Angry

Looks like will have to hire an insurance expert for this one. What a pain. Thing is that I am based in Madrid although I bought the car in London. BMW repair here is really dodgy. You cant trust anyone over here. Its bloody depressing. I was in the process of selling it and now its value has fallen off a cliff. I felt like crying when I saw it yesterday. They know who stole it but the cops have said heŽll be brought in a then sent out again till his court date. A right kickin would be too good for him. To be honest, I have learned since this that carjacking is a fairly common thing here. Spain is really down the tubes economically and crime is out of control. Beware all you who come here on holiday. Worst thing is the thieves looked and spoke respectable. Little snakes. See attached some photos of recovery.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #8
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

so so sad.
I really feel for you mate.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #9
hajmuntz
Private
Rep
Drives: 520d lux touring LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balster View Post
so so sad.
I really feel for you mate.
+1
Appreciate 0