2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum From F10 M5 to F10 528i Xdrive? Yup

08-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

From F10 M5 to F10 528i Xdrive? Yup

Hey gents,
Just wanted to share my latest experience. I recently gave up my FBO F10 M5 for a Dodge Viper. Since I do roll racing, the ceiling is much higher with the Viper, naturally. As a daily, my wife and I picked up a loaded 528i X drive to compliment the Jeep Rubicon we have for the nasty CT winters.

Overall, coming from the auto elitist nature I've been tainted by, I thought I would hate the 528. Well to my surprise it has proven to be the best daily driver I've ever owned thus far. Granted I have the Viper when I need that jolt of adrenaline, so the 5 is purely a tool for getting to and from work, and for that it is superb.
The combination of gas mileage, quiet smooth ride and auto transmission, make this car a winner. I don't miss the DCT one bit for around town driving. Highway blasts are another thing. But I rarely ended up flogging the M5, so the car became pointless in it's nature for me personally.

I think that perhaps a Burger Tune would make the car just the bit peppier, but so far I'm content with the tranquil nature of this car.

I'm looking forward to winter to see how the 5 does in the snow. Our 328i xdrive was solid, so this thing with the extra ballast should be equal if not better on the all seasons.