2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Servicing

05-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #1
turboblue
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d M Sport

Servicing

Trying to get a service arranged on my 530 at the moment.

It is proving suprisingly difficult.

I tried the online booking - which threw up the message, we cannot complete this booking - but enter your phone number here and we will call you back.

I entered my phone number - and predictably no one called back.

So I called then up myself.

After a couple of mionutes waiting no one answered the phone. Got put through to a receptionist who seemed suprised - but agreed to put my call through.

She came back a couple of minutes later, full of apologies - but no she couldn't actually get anyone in service to answer either. However she promised she would get a call back for me urgently...

Suprisingly a call back did happen. About half an hour later someone phoned to help me with my booking.

Unfortunately it will be more than a month before they can take it in.

Do we think this is just one garage having a bad day or is this a common occurance...? It definately seems a bit feeble for what is supposed to be a premium car manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3

I’ve recently had my car serviced at my local dealer and was told they’ve got their hands full with cars affected by the recall......so I guess this might explain the month or so wait.....
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 05:21 AM   #3
Edinburra
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboblue View Post
Trying to get a service arranged on my 530 at the moment.

It is proving suprisingly difficult.

I tried the online booking - which threw up the message, we cannot complete this booking - but enter your phone number here and we will call you back.

I entered my phone number - and predictably no one called back.

So I called then up myself.

After a couple of mionutes waiting no one answered the phone. Got put through to a receptionist who seemed suprised - but agreed to put my call through.

She came back a couple of minutes later, full of apologies - but no she couldn't actually get anyone in service to answer either. However she promised she would get a call back for me urgently...

Suprisingly a call back did happen. About half an hour later someone phoned to help me with my booking.

Unfortunately it will be more than a month before they can take it in.

Do we think this is just one garage having a bad day or is this a common occurance...? It definately seems a bit feeble for what is supposed to be a premium car manufacturer.
I've experienced this with a local BMW dealer. They like to make you feel as they are doing you a favour by letting you have your car serviced by them, and also you should wait until called. After all you should know your place.
Appreciate 0