2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Songs/Playlists with the letter I

08-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
AdamF11
Rep
Drives: F11 520D on order

Songs/Playlists with the letter I

Hello guys

I have made a recent discovery with music tracks on my 32GB USB memory stick. Any song beginning with the capital letter I will not be visible in a playlist on the I drive. The tracks will be listed in all music tracks and will play in the car fine, however if you have this track populated in a playlist it will not appear. Tried this with 30 tracks beginning with I and 1 track wth another letter and only the 1 track appeared.

Fixed problem by changing track names manually on memory stick to i instead of I and it works fine and all tracks are listed in playlists matching my I tunes. My music is both MP3 and AAC and the playlist is in M3U format. I found approx 5 percent of music was missing from playlists because it began with a capital I (most of this was eighties love songs so this probably a good thing). Have professional audio although doubt this affects this and car is built 03/2011.

happy listening
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #2
Losco
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M-sport

not exactly same bug, but I found a another bug recently. When you use USB stick to play mp3 and If you have 2 albums with same artist, but with capital letters mixed in(for example, Incubus and incubus) Idrive won't be able to find albums under either upper/lower case artist when you do search by artist. If you do a search by album name, artist name is properly displayed. I was wondering why MP3 I put in the USB stick day before wasn't showing up.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
Gran Turismo
Alpina Addict
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Alpina B4 S Coupe AWD

I'm not able to reproduce that "I letter" bug with M3U playlists created with oddgravity Playlist Creator. Professional Audio too, car built 07/2011. Maybe I already got some newer CCC SW release?

On a related note, I found another minor bug: With all single MP3 files I have on the stick (= where I don't have the complete album), I've cleared/removed the Album field from the ID3 tags. Purpose: When searching for albums in order to play a complete album in a row, the album list won't be cluttered with those single songs.
With about half of those songs, no album info is displayed as intended. However with the other half, a "Various Albums" album is displayed while playing, and I can also search for the songs in that one. This effect is most probably not "random", but I wasn't able yet to determine what could cause it.
      08-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

I've got several albums that don't show up at all when I search by artist but if I browse the entire list they show up. I've tried renaming the artist name and things like that, but it's just got some little bugs. Weird.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0