2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!

02-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
BMW535n54
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i N54

Garage List
2010 535i  [9.50]
2010 535i  [9.00]
2010 535i  [9.00]
Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!

Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!
I bought hid halos and 8000k low beams from this jerk. He was recommended from a friend of my son. When my son brought the items back home and I opened the box all the installation instructions were gone. When we called him up he said he would do the install for $80.00 and warranty the work, he also said he was an installer for Drivers Seat, My son knows Jeff the owner and figured this guy must be ok so I said yes do the install.
Well when my son brought the car back after the install the lights looked good until we pulled in the garage and the drivers side stop working
(ding, ding ,ding red flag number 1) when I opened the hood there was smoke coming from the drivers side, the heat sink for the lights was just laying on the inside fender well and had burnt a hole in it and plastic was burning on the heat sink. Well as I proceeded to inspect the rest of the install I was horrified, there were wires every were, he had the relay tiered to the rubber charge pipe for the intake, he had laid the wires for the passenger side light in-between the fan and pulls and just laid them there the heat sink for the passenger side had fell down on the fender well and was starting to burn a hole in that fender. He cut a 11/2" in hole in the caps for the head light assembly to pass the less then 1/4 wires threw and left them exposed I can go on and on but it hurts to much to talk about. You know what they say a picture is worth a thousand word.
So to my brethren of Florida Bimmers please stay away from this guy his name is Adam Lord and he lived in Boca Raton this guy sucks and now I have to take him to court because he is being an even bigger ass by not returning my phone calls and Fu$&*^ upped my 2010 535i.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
luigimaster24
Major
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i & 2021 X6M Comp

Sorry to read that!!! I can't imagine having someone do that to my F10.

Just thinking about it makes me
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Curious, why would you even want to modify the lights? I don't understand the purpose? Is it to get brighter lights?

And haven't there been enough cases of terrible damage to these modern computer driven cars that would scare you from doing this?
Appreciate 0