2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum LCI Xenon AHL on pre-LCI '11 AHL Car

05-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
bobbyggx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 BMW G30 540i xDrive

LCI Xenon AHL on pre-LCI '11 AHL Car

Hi guys,

I've decided to open a new thread as I am hassling with retrofitting the LCI AHL headlights on my pre LCI car which is currently equipped with AHL.

Parts that I already have:
-> Headlights;
-> LED modules;
-> TMS modules;
-> ZGW-02 8SK High;

The main issue is that my car is production 12.2010, thus it has the old set of FlexRay modules and adding the ZGW-02 makes the stability programs + active steering unusable.

My questions are:
1. Is it possible to retrofit the headlights without the ZGW? Do I really need the CAN3 and for what? If it is only for coding I can install the wires, code the modules and the return my old ZGW.
2. If 1 is not possible, what other modules am I looking at that needs to be changed? My car starts with ZGW-02, thus the CAS module is okay, then we go to the ICM? FRM?

I will keep the thread alive with my progress. Currently I don't have the time to do the trial-error process of disassembling the car and test what would work and what not without the ZGW.

Thanks in advanced!
Appreciate 0