2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Just noticed, no more pulling to the right after lowering....

05-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Just noticed, no more pulling to the right after lowering....

I had the dreaded pulling to the right that the F10's have been plagued with but I just realized today when I was on a straight road and let go of my wheel for a second that she was no longer pulling to the right. I did this several more times on various road surfaces and the same. No more pulling to the right. Before I had to fight the wheel a bit to keep it straight now I no longer have to. Only thing I did was install Eibach springs.

I'm not sure if the springs corrected it or if it was the taking apart and reinstalling of the front struts. Note, I have not done an alignment yet. I have 1000 miles on the springs and have observed no kind of abnormal wear in the tires...

Last edited by Simple5; 05-27-2015 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Interesting. I'm new to the the F10 world and just picked up my CPO. It's in the shop right now for pulling to the right and vibration when braking. We'll see if they fix the pulling. I plan on doing ACS springs. How low does your car sit now, pics?
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
I had the dreaded pulling to the right that the F10's have been plagued with but I just realized today when I was on a straight road and let go of my wheel for a second that she was no longer pulling to the right. I did this several more times on various road surfaces and the same. No more pulling to the right. Before I had to fight the wheel a bit to keep it straight now I no longer have to. Only thing I did was install Eibach springs.

I'm not sure if the springs corrected it or if it was the taking apart and reinstalling of the front struts. Note, I have not done an alignment yet. I have 1000 miles on the springs and have observed no kind of abnormal wear in the tires...
Apparently there is a fix that involves turning of the OEM springs. Shhhh....
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #4
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadysev
Quote:

Apparently there is a fix that involves turning of the OEM springs. Shhhh....
Seriously??? Are dealers aware of this and do you have anymore info or in depth explanation on how that's done?

Isn't the spring in a fixed position aka seated, to prevent it from popping and spinning around?
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #5
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Seriously??? Are dealers aware of this and do you have anymore info or in depth explanation on how that's done?

Isn't the spring in a fixed position aka seated, to prevent it from popping and spinning around?
if you release the load on the spring you can turn it slightly. I don't fully know all the details.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 03:54 AM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I'd keep an eye on those tires for abnormal wear cause usually specs will be off once the suspension has been modified.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 04:22 PM   #7
thealbert
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

Simple3, what kind of suspension were you running before you lowered it? Stock non Msport? No DHP?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #8
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadysev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post

if you release the load on the spring you can turn it slightly. I don't fully know all the details.
Ok found the thread to turning the springs. Apparently you have to rotate the struts 10mm, reprogram the electronic steering and possibly an out of balance steering column.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=549373

Seems to be a known issue at the dealer. My car is in for that now. They said they've replaced lower control arm bushings, reprogrammed my electronic steering with a software update and a road force balance revealed 3 bent rims they have to replace because I just bought this car.

Ill update later this week when I get my car back.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:42 AM   #9
Simple5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealbert View Post
Simple3, what kind of suspension were you running before you lowered it? Stock non Msport? No DHP?
Stock non-sport and non-dhp... didn't feel like paying 800 bucks a strut when they went out.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 12:44 AM   #10
CLKFAN
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 528

Quote:
Stock non-sport and non-dhp... didn't feel like paying 800 bucks a strut when they went out.

How's the ride with the regular suspension (non sport & non adjustable) with the springs? I can't seem to find a thread with this answer for Eibach, H&R and ACS.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 06:59 AM   #11
Simple5
Major
Rep

It's a lot nicer. It takes away that 'floating' feeling. That feeling was one of the negatives that I had when I test drove the car. This mod is a definite must.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #12
CLKFAN
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 528

Quote:
It's a lot nicer. It takes away that 'floating' feeling. That feeling was one of the negatives that I had when I test drove the car. This mod is a definite must.
Does the car bounce with the standard suspension and eibach ?

Last edited by CLKFAN; 06-26-2015 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #13
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: gaggle of BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadysev View Post
Truth to this.. .after 5 months of BMW in Arkansas trying to fix mine with multiple alignments, control arms, bushings, etc BMW in KC fixed my car in two days by "clocking" the springs and didn't even have to perform and alignment.

If your dealer doesn't understand this have them call Baron BMW in Kansas City and speak to their technicians for an explanation.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 03:03 PM   #14
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadysev View Post
Truth to this.. .after 5 months of BMW in Arkansas trying to fix mine with multiple alignments, control arms, bushings, etc BMW in KC fixed my car in two days by "clocking" the springs and didn't even have to perform and alignment.

If your dealer doesn't understand this have them call Baron BMW in Kansas City and speak to their technicians for an explanation.
Good to hear !!