2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Excruciating GT5 race...

12-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #67
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJayKaying View Post
Three tries to pass and I am never doing that stupid van race again. Such a gay race.
The Lotus race was worse. They make you race on those crappy "comfort" tires and you have absolutely no grip. The van race took me a while but you just gotta keep your foot down as much as possible and cut when you can.
      12-20-2010, 01:59 AM   #68
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
I ran into a racing series that a lot of people were calling hell, the Formula GT Championship. Half of the pain alone came from the long search for the legendary Formula GT race car. Then came the races themselves.

The first race at Fuji went off without a hitch, easy win. So was the race at Indy. Then came Cote d'Azure, or the Monaco track. Very little room to pass, and on lap 1 I was spun out and sent into the wall, and was pinned there until all 11 of the other cars passed me. As I fought halfway back up the field, deja vu all over again, spun out and pinned to the wall. After that happened 2 more times and more than halfway thru the 20 lap race, I started racing the race of my life. Quickly moving up the field, I caught and overtook 1st place on lap 20. I saved that replay and took a long break afterwards to relax and bask in my victory until heading to the rain-soaked straights of Monza.

Monza, for some strange reason, was easier than the first 2 races. The only difficulty was keeping the car from spinning out in the rain. My opponents were 10 seconds behind me the whole time.

Then came Suzuka. And you thought the Monaco race was crazy? I got lucky, persay. Although it was a weather/time change track, it was clear skies, just late evening time frame. Well, once again a rough start. By lap 10 I was dead last, but by lap 14 I was leading the pack. I held it there until the final lap, thinking it would be an easy cruise to the finish line with a 3 second lead, I came up on the final chicane. The chicane that will haunt me for a long time. I entered the chicane with the right speed, but exited with too much, took it wide, hit the grass and spun 180 degrees. By the time I finally got the car turned around, I was in 11th place. All that work and badass driving to go from 12th to 1st in 4 laps and then holding it was all for nothing.

Luckily I already had the championship sealed before that race started, so all I had to do was go back to just that race and redo it, which I did and dominated. Just so annoying, especially after the epic win at Monaco, that I blew it on the final turn on the final lap in the final race. Just tarnishes the championship win

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #69
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
I ran into a racing series that a lot of people were calling hell, the Formula GT Championship. Half of the pain alone came from the long search for the legendary Formula GT race car. Then came the races themselves.

The first race at Fuji went off without a hitch, easy win. So was the race at Indy. Then came Cote d'Azure, or the Monaco track. Very little room to pass, and on lap 1 I was spun out and sent into the wall, and was pinned there until all 11 of the other cars passed me. As I fought halfway back up the field, deja vu all over again, spun out and pinned to the wall. After that happened 2 more times and more than halfway thru the 20 lap race, I started racing the race of my life. Quickly moving up the field, I caught and overtook 1st place on lap 20. I saved that replay and took a long break afterwards to relax and bask in my victory until heading to the rain-soaked straights of Monza.

Monza, for some strange reason, was easier than the first 2 races. The only difficulty was keeping the car from spinning out in the rain. My opponents were 10 seconds behind me the whole time.

Then came Suzuka. And you thought the Monaco race was crazy? I got lucky, persay. Although it was a weather/time change track, it was clear skies, just late evening time frame. Well, once again a rough start. By lap 10 I was dead last, but by lap 14 I was leading the pack. I held it there until the final lap, thinking it would be an easy cruise to the finish line with a 3 second lead, I came up on the final chicane. The chicane that will haunt me for a long time. I entered the chicane with the right speed, but exited with too much, took it wide, hit the grass and spun 180 degrees. By the time I finally got the car turned around, I was in 11th place. All that work and badass driving to go from 12th to 1st in 4 laps and then holding it was all for nothing.

Luckily I already had the championship sealed before that race started, so all I had to do was go back to just that race and redo it, which I did and dominated. Just so annoying, especially after the epic win at Monaco, that I blew it on the final turn on the final lap in the final race. Just tarnishes the championship win
ah that's what scares me too. I'm still on the search for the FGT, and have had no luck yet. (saw it when I was level 23, and never again) I know that race is going to be a bitch...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #70
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Emme Tres

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
the top gear races were so gay. I can instantly think of three ideas which are leaps and bounds better:

1. Beat the Stigs Power Lap Times
1 at the beginner level (maybe an Evo)
1 at intermediate level (maybe an SLS AMG)
1 at the advanced level (maybe a Zonda)

2. Reasonably priced car challenge (3 different cars from past seasons)

3. The track full of obstacles which you must hit (bookcases, water jugs, etc) that created substantial damage to the car and you must complete within a certain amount of time.

Polyphony really should have spoken to me first.
      12-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #71
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
ah that's what scares me too. I'm still on the search for the FGT, and have had no luck yet. (saw it when I was level 23, and never again) I know that race is going to be a bitch...

Download the new 1.05 patch, after its done, go to the Online Dealership, it should be sitting in the bottom right corner.

You're welcome

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #72
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

racefan_N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
hey guys, feel free to shoot me your PSN member names (i'll send you mine right back). I need more people to play with and to compare stats with.
      12-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #73
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Download the new 1.05 patch, after its done, go to the Online Dealership, it should be sitting in the bottom right corner.

You're welcome
haha ya I already figured that one out, 1.05 made lots of stuff easier
Appreciate 0