2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Just met a 535i.......

05-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Just met a 535i.......

Seems BMW is sending out examples of the new F10 535i to select dealerships and I got to meet one here at the local dealer scene in L.A. to see if we might have a date for 6/19/10.

First impressions do mean a lot so here goes.

1. This is a BIG car. Gone are the E60's sporty if sometimes awkward looks (just as I was really getting used to it too). Replacing it was an elegant (though just a bit bland) and long looking Black Sapphire example with no sport pack or decent rims.

Sorry, no pics- but this is the EXACT spec car in the thread posted earlier about a black F10 535i at a Minnesota dealer.

Anyways, I do like it but it IS a different beast now. It weighs more and looks it too. Think mini 7 series and that just about sums it up. Which makes me feel it won't be as sprightly as the E60 was. We'll see.

You know it's funny- the E60 didn't photograph well at all but when I saw my first black 530i back in 2003 it was HOT and the awkward front end/headlights instantly faded away. The F10 though is just the opposite- it photographs so well and when I first saw a pic my jaw dropped. But seeing it in person didn't get nearly the same reaction. Strange.

2. As for the interior it is definitely a step up over the old model but almost seems a little too cushy for a sport sedan.

3. In summary the new 5er is a much grander/elegant Bimmer than the old car and has more presence as well. But with the added weight and size i can't help but think it will lose the E60's nimbleness and throwability. Conversly,the new 550i with it's TTV8 should help this issue.

Come 6/19 we'll find out..........

Last edited by MI6; 05-21-2010 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
xMSMx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 TiAg 328i coupe/coral red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Seems BMW is sending out examples of the new F10 535i to select dealerships and I got to meet one here at the local dealer scene in L.A. to see if we might have a date for 6/19/10.

1. This is a BIG car. Gone are the E60's sporty if sometimes awkward looks (just as I was really getting used to it too). Replacing it was an elegant (though just a bit bland) and long looking Black Sapphire example with no sport pack or decent rims.

Sorry, no pics- but this is the EXACT spec car in the thread posted earlier about a black F10 535i at a Minnesota dealer.

Anyways, I do like it but it IS a different beast now. It weighs more and looks it too. Think mini 7 series and that just about sums it up. Which makes me feel it won't be as sprightly as the E60 was. We'll see.

You know it's funny- the E60 didn't photograph well at all but when I saw my first black 530i back in 2003 it was HOT and the awkward front end/headlights instantly faded away. The F10 though is just the opposite- it photographs so well and when I first saw a pic my jaw dropped. But seeing it in person didn't get nearly the same reaction. Strange.

2. As for the interior it is definitely a step up over the old model but almost seems a little too cushy for a sport sedan.

3. In summary the new 5er is a much grander/elegant Bimmer than the old car and has more presence as well. But with the added weight and size i can't help but think it will lose the E60's nimbleness and throwability. Conversly,the new 550i with it's TTV8 should help this issue.

I'm going to have to disagree with you-- the first thing I thought when seeing the 550i in flesh was, wow this car looks so much more aggressive and impressive in real life than in picture.

CURRENT: 2011 528i f10 Titanium Silver/Cinnamon Brown/Aluminum/Premium/Sport/Navigation/Comfort Access/Smart Phone Integration/ I-pod-USB
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

@ MSM

Totally agree with you, as a matter of fact for F10 I saw was at the local dealer here in Germany, I was dropping my 535 off for a repair and was like WOW look at that beast. Ogled it up close and from every angle, when my wife finally got to the lot I was over by the service department and she was just as impressed. Its a very aggressive body style and stance, it will look awesome in motion.
      05-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

The new F10 is very agressive and sporty looking. It is a much better design overall compared to the sissy botched up E60.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo588 View Post
The new F10 is very agressive and sporty looking. It is a much better design overall compared to the sissy botched up E60.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
paulbazo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo588 View Post
I never saw the E60 as sissy, I guess it depends on your background and personal lifestyle, or maybe on what is on your mind when you se it...do you see a lot of sissy things?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #7
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Paul,

Haha, no I do not see alot of sissy things. Its just that the headlights in the front and the low small grill on the E60 made it a bit soft looking and not very imposing. I drive an Audi A8L and I prefer masculine and sharper curves to my car. I preferred the previous 5 series before the E60 and the all new F10.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
paulbazo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post

Who introduced you to the 535i...you just met, did you get along?
Appreciate 0