2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum LCI disappointments: NO MORE M suspension (?), halogen turn signals on xenon lights

08-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #67
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Has the price of the m-sport line gone down any compared to the old M-Sport Package? If not then that is absolutely dishonest and disgraceful.

What email address did you send it to? The customerrelations(at)bmwusa.com one? I would love to send BMW one of my rants.

Yes this one
The customerrelations(at)bmwusa.com
      08-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #68
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthankzbye View Post
Either way, to truly enjoy the suspension and drive of the F10 is to go aftermarket. Dinan or ACS are both very good. It makes a big difference.
Would it be comparable to the 2013 msport ride and handling. I suspect not many would go for a harsh ride or one that changes the character of the car. Also it seems the m suspension included different shocks and even a different upper control arm. Just curious as to the acs/dinan vs msport suspension.
      08-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #69
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
This does annoy me a little bit, but not to the point where it's a deal breaker.

Looks like I will be getting coilovers sooner then planned!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #70
lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: shifting priorities for now...

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
KA doesn't know what suspension it comes with. Nobody does. All we know its not the same Msport suspension that came in his car. Calling it "base" is a little premature at this point. For all we know it could be superior to his msport suspension but some guys are hell bent about putting down the LCI for some reason. Stick with the facts and stop spreading nothing but speculation guys...

Fact - US spec cars do not get the 706 Msport suspension that the 13's did (verified by BMWNA)
Fact - Nobody here has tested for themselves how the 14 and 13 Msports feels with passive suspension
Fact - Nobody knows if the old 706 Msport suspension is better than the current suspension in the LCI's
Fact - BMW has publicly announced one of the biggest enhancements of the 5 LCI is better handling and steering which was verified by atleast one magazine test so far (edmunds)
Alan, if K-A and others were correct then I'd imagine people at BMW German HQ will go: "Hans, zee Amerikans finds outz on zee Suspension Veränderungen! Scheiße!"
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #71
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaleke View Post
Alan, if K-A and others were correct then I'd imagine people at BMW German HQ will go: "Hans, zee Amerikans finds outz on zee Suspension Veränderungen! Scheiße!"
Lol. Someone should do one of those Hitler video meme's of how it went down in the boardroom.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #72
pyramid
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Serpent S966

Garage List
Various Various  [0.00]
K-A, time to revisits your thought of getting a 991
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #73
K-A
Nice
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
K-A, time to revisits your thought of getting a 991
Love my F10 but yes the 991 is definitely my top "move on" car whenever the time may come.

If I have my way, my car will be too pristine and good to trade out of come lease end, and I'll get a nice discount off of the residual value making me have no choice but to buy it out. Otherwise, 991 will get a second chance indeed.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #74
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

so i had a chance to inspect the lci 5 series this morning. the dealership i was at had both models side by side so here is the height comparison. its not that much of a difference. its probably 10mm difference just like the non m-sport previously

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #75
K-A
Nice
Rep

That 2013 seems to sit higher than mine (mine has a wheel gap where I can barely fit 2 fingers through). Per the other thread, is the 2013 pictured an XDrive (which has no M suspension)? You can still notice the lower stance than the 2014 even there anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #76
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep

no, both are 535i. not x drive. both are brand new so springs may settle after some driving
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #77
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
no, both are 535i. not x drive. both are brand new so springs may settle after some driving
Thanks. neither had Dyn. Handling Package right?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #78
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_Bimmer View Post
Thanks. neither had Dyn. Handling Package right?
that is corect
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #79
K-A
Nice
Rep

Quote:
so i had a chance to inspect the lci 5 series this morning. the dealership i was at had both models side by side so here is the height comparison. its not that much of a difference. its probably 10mm difference just like the non m-sport previously

Any closeups of the new intake grilles on the bumper? Posted this recently elsewhere and looking for clarity on it:

Oh, and can anyone with an LCI M Sport please confirm whether or not the new centered position of the foglights force you to be unable to see the large radiators behind the side intakes (i.e if the mesh in front of them is now closed off due to the foglights being in middle), or if they repositioned the radiators so they can still get free-flowing air? Or if like the F30 with fog lights, did they therefore now remove the radiators which were an exclusivity to 2011-2013 M Sports?

I'm really curious about this. If you look inside the side intakes of a pre-LCI M Sport, you'll see the foglights pushed to the edges therefore next to them (in the middle of the intakes) the holes are open/functional and there are two radiators behind them, allowing for extra cooling (an exclusive benefit to only M Sport cars that lots of people don't know about). Like I said before, on F30 M Sports, you either get the fog lights and NO extra radiators (U.S cars), or you get open holes feeding to extra radiators with no fog lights at all (EU cars). The pre-LCI F10 M Sports found the perfect way around this with foglights AND extra M-Sport exclusive radiators behind the side intakes, and I'm hoping the LCI's didn't sacrifice that with the new centered fog light position.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #80
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10

I just took a look at my LCI 535xi, on the left side fog light, the vents are closed. I'm not sure if there is a radiator behind it. On the right, there are vents on both sides for the fog light and a radiator is visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Any closeups of the new intake grilles on the bumper? Posted this recently elsewhere and looking for clarity on it:

Oh, and can anyone with an LCI M Sport please confirm whether or not the new centered position of the foglights force you to be unable to see the large radiators behind the side intakes (i.e if the mesh in front of them is now closed off due to the foglights being in middle), or if they repositioned the radiators so they can still get free-flowing air? Or if like the F30 with fog lights, did they therefore now remove the radiators which were an exclusivity to 2011-2013 M Sports?

I'm really curious about this. If you look inside the side intakes of a pre-LCI M Sport, you'll see the foglights pushed to the edges therefore next to them (in the middle of the intakes) the holes are open/functional and there are two radiators behind them, allowing for extra cooling (an exclusive benefit to only M Sport cars that lots of people don't know about). Like I said before, on F30 M Sports, you either get the fog lights and NO extra radiators (U.S cars), or you get open holes feeding to extra radiators with no fog lights at all (EU cars). The pre-LCI F10 M Sports found the perfect way around this with foglights AND extra M-Sport exclusive radiators behind the side intakes, and I'm hoping the LCI's didn't sacrifice that with the new centered fog light position.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #81
K-A
Nice
Rep

Thank you for clarifying! Weird the left is closed as I'm almost certain that on the pre-LCI M Sport the holes are open on the left side with a visible radiator.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #82
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
here is a closeup on the grill

Quote:
can anyone with an LCI M Sport please confirm whether or not the new centered position of the foglights force you to be unable to see the large radiators behind the side intakes (i.e if the mesh in front of them is now closed off due to the foglights being in middle), or if they repositioned the radiators so they can still get free-flowing air? .
you can clearly see the radiator behind it on the passenger side. driver side is blocked off. i can get additional pictures if necessary

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #83
K-A
Nice
Rep

Quote:
here is a closeup on the grill

you can clearly see the radiator behind it on the passenger side. driver side is blocked off. i can get additional pictures if necessary

Actually I'm talking about the lower bumper intakes (where the fog lights are housed), is that what you're also referring to? On the pre-LCI's, the fog lights are all the way on the outer edges of the intakes, allowing for the vented holes next to them to feed air to extra radiators (the pre-LCI M Sports exclusively get those extra radiators for extra cooling). With the LCI, the fog lights are now in the middle of the lower bumper side intakes, which blocks air to where the pre-LCI extra radiators are, so I'm wondering if there are still those extra radiators behind the lower side bumper intakes and if so, is air still able to get freely to them even with the fog lights smack dab in middle?

If you or anyone can inspect and/or take close up pictures of both the right and left lower bumper air intakes (where the fog lights are housed) to see if there are those radiators behind them, that would be awesome!

As for the KIDNEY grills, I love the new ones! Very subtle difference but I like the less-slats look of them.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #84
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Actually I'm talking about the lower bumper intakes (where the fog lights are housed), is that what you're also referring to? On the pre-LCI's, the fog lights are all the way on the outer edges of the intakes, allowing for the vented holes next to them to feed air to extra radiators (the pre-LCI M Sports exclusively get those extra radiators for extra cooling). With the LCI, the fog lights are now in the middle of the lower bumper side intakes, which blocks air to where the pre-LCI extra radiators are, so I'm wondering if there are still those extra radiators behind the lower side bumper intakes and if so, is air still able to get freely to them even with the fog lights smack dab in middle?

If you or anyone can inspect and/or take close up pictures of both the right and left lower bumper air intakes (where the fog lights are housed) to see if there are those radiators behind them, that would be awesome!
yes, that is what i meant. i just don't have one up close. the driver's side is blocked. the passenger side you can see the radiator behind the fog light. the driver's side is just a dummy vent. it is blocked off at the back. i will get pictures for you on both sides. both pre lci and lci for comparison
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #85
K-A
Nice
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa
Quote:

yes, that is what i meant. i just don't have one up close. the driver's side is blocked. the passenger side you can see the radiator behind the fog light. the driver's side is just a dummy vent. it is blocked off at the back. i will get pictures for you on both sides. both pre lci and lci for comparison
Awesome. Thank you so much. I believe both sides have exposed radiators with functional vents on the pre-LCI but am out of town for a few days so can't double check on my own car.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #86
Soft
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A7 3.0 TSFI

Just curious, why do you think that extra ventilation is so important ?
I would belive that BMW would make sure there is enough cooling anyway? :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #87
K-A
Nice
Rep

I would as well but a visible open radiator is a visible open radiator and I for one would rather have more than less. These cars need all the cooling help that they can get.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #88
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

I just spent 30 min on the phone with BMW NA with some woman who couldn't answer a single question I had. She kept referring me to my dealer who know about as much as her. I'm not sure if anyone here can answer, but here are my questions. 1. since they took the LED front turn signals off, when you add the LED ighting package do you get the LED front turn signals? Also does anyone know which suspension you get if you add the adaptive drive? Also on a side note, I took a photo of the front LED fogs. Theres a radiator visible behind each fog and the intercooler is visible on the lower middle grill, with the radiator visible through the kidney's. Does anyone know if those are both oil coolers behind the fogs? Thanks in advance.