2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Cannot access Bluetooth/USB

06-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #1
dvd_fan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, Metallic Grey

Cannot access Bluetooth/USB

Hi,

Had my 520D for 3 years now without any problems; early this week though the system suddenly couldn't access the USB port for music. When I click on "CD/Multimedia" from the Main Menu, only CD and AUX ports are available. I also noticed that the option to access Bluetooth (either as phone or audio source) is gone. Furthermore, the software upgrade option from the "Settings" menu is gone as well.

Interestingly enough, when I turn on Bluetooth on my iphone (previously set up to connect) it shows a connection on my iphone, but obviously doesn't work. This leads me to suspect that the Bluetooth hardware on the car is working fine and its probably a software glitch.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? I tried to restart the idrive system but cant seem to do it. From what I have read I am supposed to press the volume buttom for 25+ seconds. Did it for a minute and nothing happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
DaveBoulden
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 520D Touring

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same issue in my 2011 F11 520D Auto.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
Jcbama85
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_fan View Post
Hi,

Had my 520D for 3 years now without any problems; early this week though the system suddenly couldn't access the USB port for music. When I click on "CD/Multimedia" from the Main Menu, only CD and AUX ports are available. I also noticed that the option to access Bluetooth (either as phone or audio source) is gone. Furthermore, the software upgrade option from the "Settings" menu is gone as well.

Interestingly enough, when I turn on Bluetooth on my iphone (previously set up to connect) it shows a connection on my iphone, but obviously doesn't work. This leads me to suspect that the Bluetooth hardware on the car is working fine and its probably a software glitch.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? I tried to restart the idrive system but cant seem to do it. From what I have read I am supposed to press the volume buttom for 25+ seconds. Did it for a minute and nothing happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same issue with my 2013 F10 last week, although in my case it was due to me damaging the Bluetooth comm box while upgrading my amp. I took it to my local BMW Dealership and they replaced some wires and also did a software upgrade and all works well now. Good luck, I know the frustration of the Bluetooth not working.

Let us know what you find out and how it was resolved.
BimmerTech Amp
Appreciate 0