2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Has anyone got LCI headlights retrofitted to the pre-LCI F10's? Need your advice.

06-04-2023, 11:21 PM   #1
vicuna02
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i xDrive

Question Has anyone got LCI headlights retrofitted to the pre-LCI F10's? Need your advice.

I wanted to save up for a plug and play pair of headlights for my 11 535i but there are only two businesses that I can find who sell retrofits for these older cars. RVG Performance and Bimmer Plug are two that I have found and I was wondering if anyone had any good experience with them? I want to make sure these businesses are reputable so I don't have huge trouble getting into a mess. Thank you everyone!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 01:01 PM   #2
TuunedF10
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw 535i

I have rarely seen anyone over the years on this forum successfully swap lci lights into a pre lci f10 I vaguely remember one person trying to do it but I’m not sure he ever got the coding correct. Best bet in my opinion is to go with bayoptiks they can customize your current lights and modernize it if that’s what your goal is.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:30 PM   #3
flagged charger
Rep
Drives: 11' 535i 6MT, 18' 330i, 17' X5

What about the Ali express headlights, i have seen a few people on facebook that claim to have done with and have it work properly, any ideas in that direction?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 07:23 PM   #4
TuunedF10
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

I would not recommend that. Their will always be people who claim something works and sure maybe it will for a bit but what kind of quality are you getting? Is the company using oem lights to retrofit? Will they leak from poor sealing and fry your tms headlight modules? Will all the adaptive functions work? etc etc Ali express is absolutely not where I would go to source aftermarket headlights for this car. Of course it’s your car and if you are dead set on doing something it’s your choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 09:05 AM   #5
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I don't think it is an OEM retrofit if it is plug and play. You will most likely loose adaptive feature.

On the bright side, you definitely can retrofit OEM LCI LED headlights into your Pre-LCI vehicle. You do have to run a lot of wires, change connectors and upgrade modules in your car since it need KCAN3 and then program it. It is not an easy task if you have never done any retrofits.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 02:24 PM   #6
TuunedF10
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

I don't think it is an OEM retrofit if it is plug and play. You will most likely loose adaptive feature.

On the bright side, you definitely can retrofit OEM LCI LED headlights into your Pre-LCI vehicle. You do have to run a lot of wires, change connectors and upgrade modules in your car since it need KCAN3 and then program it. It is not an easy task if you have never done any retrofits.

How?? I have been on this forum for years I haven’t seen anyone come up with a comprehensive DIY to retrofit lci lights into a pre lci chassis. If you have it can you share because I’d do this too if that’s the case
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 03:06 AM   #7
Aussie_550i
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i, 2017 430i

There is a member here Gjohnson7 who has a YouTube channel. In one of his videos:

He shows you how to install the LCI lights into a Pre-LCI F10.

He got them from RVG Performance and RVG Performance can remotely connect to your car (you'll have to talk with them on how) and programme them correctly for your car.

You will lose adaptive functionality.
Appreciate 0