2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Need a better center channel speaker
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
TJBentley
Captain
TJBentley's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
619
Posts

Drives: '12 528xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Need a better center channel speaker

Hey guys I?m looking for a better center channel speaker for my car. I have the bimmertech amp and the speaker distorts at high volumes. Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #2
paul223
Captain
106
Rep
656
Posts

Drives: f10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: arkansas

iTrader: (0)

I have tried several 4" drivers like CDT, Focal polyglass, but Focal KRS is the best. It is efficient and does not distort.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2017, 08:52 PM   #3
TJBentley
Captain
TJBentley's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
619
Posts

Drives: '12 528xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
I have tried several 4" drivers like CDT, Focal polyglass, but Focal KRS is the best. It is efficient and does not distort.
Hey thanks for reply but over $500 for a speaker ?? I could never justify that lol I need something cheaper
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #4
paul223
Captain
106
Rep
656
Posts

Drives: f10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: arkansas

iTrader: (0)

If you want I can sell you CDT or Focal polyglass 4?.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
TJBentley
Captain
TJBentley's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
619
Posts

Drives: '12 528xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
If you want I can sell you CDT or Focal polyglass 4?.
I have CDT actually you just reminded me I?m going to drop it in and see how it sounds, thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 04:34 AM   #6
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Teddylongtooth's Avatar
138
Rep
624
Posts

Drives: 2011 550i m sport
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Tj, do you have a subs amp connected to your bimmertech amp's rca outputs? I'm thinking of getting the bimmertech amp also, I just found out after 2 years my Audio Controll lc2i has a built in subsonic filter that cuts all frequencies below 33Hz, all this time I thought it was the stock amp filtering out the low bass. My box plays down to 22hz when connected to my buddys head unit via 15 ft rca cables. It looks like my only option is to get the bimmertech amp and use the rca outs for my sub amp for a clean un molested signal. Do you have any bass cutoff below 33hz?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #7
TJBentley
Captain
TJBentley's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
619
Posts

Drives: '12 528xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
Tj, do you have a subs amp connected to your bimmertech amp's rca outputs? I'm thinking of getting the bimmertech amp also, I just found out after 2 years my Audio Controll lc2i has a built in subsonic filter that cuts all frequencies below 33Hz, all this time I thought it was the stock amp filtering out the low bass. My box plays down to 22hz when connected to my buddys head unit via 15 ft rca cables. It looks like my only option is to get the bimmertech amp and use the rca outs for my sub amp for a clean un molested signal. Do you have any bass cutoff below 33hz?
I?ve got two subs connected to a bass amp going through the bimmertech amp. It?s been nothing but awesome. I recommend it. No cutoff under 33hz plus I’m sure you can customize the cutoff point with the software but to be honest I haven’t messed with the software since I first bought it and dialed it all in
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
BuiltnBoostedZ
New Member
30
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2012 535ix
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: I'm here bc I'm not all there

iTrader: (0)

I turned surround sound off. Takes the center channel out of the equation.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST