2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Possible "Good" Software Update for Battery Drain?

03-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Vinfast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 550i M-Sport

Possible "Good" Software Update for Battery Drain?

I just had my car reprogrammed because of the battery discharging while stopped warning. Multiple error codes came up on the car from the auxillary fan running too long after the engine was turned off. The dealership thought it could be from the Dinan tune, but there is a bulletin out on the fan draining the battery.

I decided to have the car reprogrammed to fix the problem although I will have to drive a good ways to have my Dinan Stage 2 re-installed. After the reprogramming of the software, I've noticed the suspension being much firmer in Sport Mode. I have ACS springs and am wondering, could the firmer suspension come from a new software upgrade or am I losing it?

The car also seems to have more stock horsepower --- not close the Dinan Stage 2, but more than I remember it having stock. Am I dreaming or is this possible -- kind of like the Dinan shockware suspension upgrade making the suspension firmer?
Appreciate 0