2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions HELP>> Front Left Brake Locked

11-11-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
blkhwkcc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528I M Sport

Garage List
HELP>> Front Left Brake Locked

Ok, SO little background. I removed my wheels Painted my Calipers. I did not remove the Calipers and Masked them off Perfectly.

As of this Morning My front Left Brakes are Locked. I checked to make sure critical sensors and Guides etc didn't get Sprayed. Verified the Fluid Amount in Brake Res. and also bleed from the bleed plug to make sure I had good pressure and Didn't have a Hydromechanical Lock. All Good.

Also though it may be some Paint that may have creeped under a pad. not that either. As I drive It gets easier but If I sit with the Car n Drive it does move and I Have to give it gas. I don't have an ABS light or codes for that matter and Am completely At a loss. Only thing I have not done is remove the Caliper.

Any one experienced anything like this or Have any Suggestions.

Thanks

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

I can't say I have experience same issue. Only thing I can say you probably got some paint on your dust seal, O ring or piston and now piston can't return back to the original position.
I wouldn't drive it until this issue is fixed just because your wheels can get extremely hot.
Appreciate 0