2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications low fuel pressure need help n55

08-19-2023, 07:43 PM   #1
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i

Garage List
low fuel pressure need help n55

Hey guys so I’m having a bit of a issue with my fueling in my 2011 535i and I’m getting shadow codes for having low pressure in my high pressure. I’m getting two codes I will show in a picture. My symptoms as of right now is just a long crank when car is cold. But if I drive for a little and start it up again it will start right up and drive no issues. There are no misfires or anything and the car still pulls. I am not tuned. I already replaced my high pressure fuel sensor on the rail. Would I need to reset adaptations or anything in that sort ? Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 10:11 PM   #2
AlpineweissF10
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive

If you've changed the sensor then I think the HPFP would be the culprit and needs to be changed.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 12:34 PM   #3
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Ughhhh I really don’t want to have to do that but if I must I will. I feel like I’d have more issues if it were the pump tbh
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 09:11 PM   #4
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

Those early N55s still used the same HPFP as the N54 which were known for failing, so there’s a good chance that could be it. I know you’re not tuned, but if you were you could log the fuel pressure under boost and see if it’s dropping.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 10:35 PM   #5
95blkmax
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 535 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesamjaber2004@gmail.com View Post
Hey guys so I’m having a bit of a issue with my fueling in my 2011 535i and I’m getting shadow codes for having low pressure in my high pressure. I’m getting two codes I will show in a picture. My symptoms as of right now is just a long crank when car is cold. But if I drive for a little and start it up again it will start right up and drive no issues. There are no misfires or anything and the car still pulls. I am not tuned. I already replaced my high pressure fuel sensor on the rail. Would I need to reset adaptations or anything in that sort ? Any help would be appreciated.
You said you're not tuned but you're showing a screenshot of MHD. Are you on their Stage0?

Also, do you have any mods (being tuned is software, you can have mods and not be tuned so I have to ask lol)? I only ask because those shadow codes are exactly what people that are on their first revision of an upgraded HPFP get (this gets tuned out in the later revisions as sensor operating ranges get expanded so as to not trip the codes). I know this because I have these same shadow codes and long cold cranks after having installed a Helix Overdrive. I am still on the first revision as well so this is expected.
      09-02-2023, 10:00 PM   #6
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95blkmax View Post
You said you're not tuned but you're showing a screenshot of MHD. Are you on their Stage0?

Also, do you have any mods (being tuned is software, you can have mods and not be tuned so I have to ask lol)? I only ask because those shadow codes are exactly what people that are on their first revision of an upgraded HPFP get (this gets tuned out in the later revisions as sensor operating ranges get expanded so as to not trip the codes). I know this because I have these same shadow codes and long cold cranks after having installed a Helix Overdrive. I am still on the first revision as well so this is expected.
Hey sorry for the late reply, I am not tuned, Atleast I think I’m not, I got my car from an auction and don’t know any history besides car fax. But when I got it everything was pretty stock besides the charge pipe there is a vrsf one on which i like. I’m not sure if there was an upgraded pump either. Also my car drives really good and doesn’t give me issues while driving it still pulls, but now I can’t help but to feel that I am not feeling the full power of my car Becuase I’ve had this long crank cold start since I bought the car 6 months ago. Like I said it drives fine but I really wanna get rid of these codes and see if I feel a huge difference
Appreciate 0