2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Warning!! Extreme Levels of EMFs coming from BMW
Closed Thread

05-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #23
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 335i

Update.....Just got home from the hospital. After I picked up my car from the dealer tonight, and while I was driving home I started feeling sick from the car. I had only been driving for 15 minutes. It started with a headache and quickly progressed to nausea. I pulled over and got out of the car feeling like I was going to puke. While I was standing there I felt something in my ear. I put my hand up any realized my ear was bleeding. I got very nervous and called a friend to pick me up and take me to the hospital. Long story short they said something caused the blood vessels in my ear to rupture. I mentioned the car and the high EMF levels it was producing to the Dr., and he actually said it was the most likely the cause. I was actually in shock to see the Dr agree with my suspicion that it was high levels of EMFs. So to all you non believers, what do I do now?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #24
silo24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI 535d

Sell the car.

Going to be exceptionally difficult to prove especially as the model has been around for a long time with very few (none?) issues explicitly reported.

Could increased air pressure cause this? the Car will have hidden exit vents to allow pressure equalisation but if these are blocked the air pressure will increase and that would be noticeable.

I'm sceptical of the EMF theory as I'm a wireless engineer by background operating in the Microwave bands and quite simply the power levels needed to cause substantive (proven!) damage are so far above the levels allowable in vehicles that in 999 out of 1000 cases, it'll be something else causing it. Especially as it's affecting not just you but family members also.
      05-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #25
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

QUOTE=bobandy;19887739]A biological mechanism (disease process) by which EHS manifests in humans has been proven by replication in no fewer than 23 studies since 2000, according to Dr. Martin Pall, Emeritus Professor of Biochemistry, WSU.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/

In fact there are at least 2000 published papers that strongly support the toxicity of pulsed information-carrying microwave radiation. According to the Edmond Safra Center for Ethics, Harvard University, ignoring research by bluntly claiming it doesn't exist is unethical.

http://ethics.harvard.edu/files/cent...ncy_alster.pdf

"Idiopathic" EHS and the "nocebo effect" are postulates put forward by the WHO, and are unproven by research. WHO receives major funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the US government, both highly invested in wireless tech. Nonetheless, the WHO website contains warnings from Russian scientists against minors using wireless tech under any circumstances but emergencies.

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/project/m...ort%202008.pdf

I might add that, arguably, comments such as "see a shrink" are abusive and defamatory. If you become chronically EHS from over-exposure you stand to lose everything you have, including your BMW, largely due to this uneducated attitude in the general population. Here's a TEDx on EHS:

Hope this helps, thanks for looking.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #26
silo24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I feel for you on this. It sounds pretty distressing but the problem with issues like this is its easy to get sucked in to conspiracy issues.

The links above are all very valid (well, except the FCC stuff, although they are a bunch of dicks) but the problem is there is nothing that SHOULD be able to transmit/generate fields of such magnitude to cause these effects. And this is what BMW will say and I agree with them.

If possible you need to find another car with roughly the same configuration and drive that. BMW have sold hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of cars with comparable equipment which would see much greater numbers of complaints if it was an issue with the platform.

Could it be a faulty transmitter in the Connected Drive cellular module? Possibly. Could it be the radar system on the Adaptive Cruise? Again, possibly, but even still, these things are not designed to pump out much more than your cellphone. In car WiFi?

Can you use a cellphone at your ear without issue? Can you sit next to a WiFi router without problems? knowing the answer to this may point to a particular culprit.

The answer, if there is one to be found, will be 'The xyz Module', not 'It's the car'.

Good luck, but careful what you read..... :-)
      05-06-2016, 08:00 PM   #27
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

silo24...Thank you for your support and suggestions. Its comforting to see that there are a few compassionate people out there. When I feel better I will try driving a similarly equipped car to see if I get the same feelings. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #28
UA_civ_eng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 550i Past:'11 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast F30 View Post
silo24...Thank you for your support and suggestions. Its comforting to see that there are a few compassionate people out there. When I feel better I will try driving a similarly equipped car to see if I get the same feelings. Thanks again
How about getting somebody else to drive the car while you still aren't feeling well? The more test subjects, the better.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #29
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast F30
QUOTE=bobandy;19887739]A biological mechanism (disease process) by which EHS manifests in humans has been proven by replication in no fewer than 23 studies since 2000, according to Dr. Martin Pall, Emeritus Professor of Biochemistry, WSU.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/

In fact there are at least 2000 published papers that strongly support the toxicity of pulsed information-carrying microwave radiation. According to the Edmond Safra Center for Ethics, Harvard University, ignoring research by bluntly claiming it doesn't exist is unethical.

http://ethics.harvard.edu/files/cent...ncy_alster.pdf

"Idiopathic" EHS and the "nocebo effect" are postulates put forward by the WHO, and are unproven by research. WHO receives major funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the US government, both highly invested in wireless tech. Nonetheless, the WHO website contains warnings from Russian scientists against minors using wireless tech under any circumstances but emergencies.

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/project/m...ort%202008.pdf

I might add that, arguably, comments such as "see a shrink" are abusive and defamatory. If you become chronically EHS from over-exposure you stand to lose everything you have, including your BMW, largely due to this uneducated attitude in the general population. Here's a TEDx on EHS:

Hope this helps, thanks for looking.
[/QUOTE]

Fast f30,

Pulsed information via microwaves is not alluding to your door light. Rather, that's referring to your cell phone radiation.

If you're saying that the cell phone RF (microwave) is harmful, then that's one thing. But, if you're going to argue that the LED dash lights in your car are harmful because they blink fast I am going to place you in the same category of well meaning, but misguided folks that say the earth is flat.

That's how most 7 segment LED's work since the '70s: Your LED (not LCD) calculator display switches all LED segments on and off at a high rate of speed to CLEAR THE SCREEN. In order to turn on specific segments of the LED display on to show numerals, for example, this switched frequency is reduced and the various segments will appear to illuminate.

Next, the dose makes the poison. Oxygen and water are both deadly at high doses---that does not mean you should stay completely away from oxygen and water, right?

Off gassing or cell phone RF might very well be problematic. But your high speed LED will only hurt you if you swallow the damn bulbs.

Finally, any extra EMF you are seeing, if any, is most likely coming from the fact that most BMWs have the car battery in the rear and the engine in the front. This means that the extra long, high powered positive cable is acting as an antenna that's coupling with your silly EMF meter. Perhaps if your car had one of them new fangled flux capacitors, your specious argument might have merit.

But, AFAIK, we still have a few more years before we will start seeing fluxy Farads incorporated in modern BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 02:27 AM   #30
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Update.....Just got home from the hospital. After I picked up my car from the dealer tonight, and while I was driving home I started feeling sick from the car. I had only been driving for 15 minutes. It started with a headache and quickly progressed to nausea. I pulled over and got out of the car feeling like I was going to puke. While I was standing there I felt something in my ear. I put my hand up any realized my ear was bleeding. I got very nervous and called a friend to pick me up and take me to the hospital. Long story short they said something caused the blood vessels in my ear to rupture. I mentioned the car and the high EMF levels it was producing to the Dr., and he actually said it was the most likely the cause. I was actually in shock to see the Dr agree with my suspicion that it was high levels of EMFs. So to all you non believers, what do I do now?
Respectfully, EMF from your BMW did not cause the blood vessels in your ear to rupture. Any doctor stating otherwise is a quack or patronizing you. The EMF levels produced by your BMW are far below other things you interact with on a daily basis, such as cell phones for example. If you can hold an iPhone to your ear and listen to voicemail then driving your car should not be a problem.

I only post here, not to disparage you in any way, but to dispel the illusion of sanity surrounding this hypothesis. Frankly, it's ridiculous. Just at face value consider the lack of an epidemic of ear bleeding in the general car driving population. I suggest you look elsewhere to discover the source of your inner ear problems and I wish you good luck with it. My advice is to start with a reputable ENT doctor and go from there.
      05-07-2016, 04:29 AM   #31
silo24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanM
Quote:
Respectfully, EMF from your BMW did not cause the blood vessels in your ear to rupture. Any doctor stating otherwise is a quack or patronizing you. The EMF levels produced by your BMW are far below other things you interact with on a daily basis, such as cell phones for example. If you can hold an iPhone to your ear and listen to voicemail then driving your car should not be a problem.

I only post here, not to disparage you in any way, but to dispel the illusion of sanity surrounding this hypothesis. Frankly, it's ridiculous. Just at face value consider the lack of an epidemic of ear bleeding in the general car driving population. I suggest you look elsewhere to discover the source of your inner ear problems and I wish you good luck with it. My advice is to start with a reputable ENT doctor and go from there.
Quite right.

The only way the car could be causing this via EMF is if there is something VERY wrong with a transmitter module in the car that is outputting somewhere in the region of 1000x the norm.

Not saying that this can't the case, but I think ear bleeding likely caused by something other than EMF.

Also OP, please don't quote me in other fora if you don't mind. My comments are directed at this thread only for a reason.
      05-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #32
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the input and no more "quotes"
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #33
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

Update....Bad news or is it? The Dr.s secretary left me a voice mail today that said" due to current litigation, Dr. Rea is unable to see your family at his office, but we are more than welcome to stop by his house for preliminary testing and to begin anti EMF serum injections". I'm a little concerned when I heard this, but at this point I'm desperate to get my symptoms and bleeding ear resolved. I probably shouldn't ask for any advice here since not many of your are able to correctly comprehend my current medical condition. But at this point it couldn't hurt. Any positive advise will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #34
Boulder Bill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

Is it the 1st of April again?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #35
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Update....Bad news or is it? The Dr.s secretary left me a voice mail today that said" due to current litigation, Dr. Rea is unable to see your family at his office, but we are more than welcome to stop by his house for preliminary testing and to begin anti EMF serum injections". I'm a little concerned when I heard this, but at this point I'm desperate to get my symptoms and bleeding ear resolved. I probably shouldn't ask for any advice here since not many of your are able to correctly comprehend my current medical condition. But at this point it couldn't hurt. Any positive advise will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Is this a joke? I'm not sure what you need more desperately, an ENT, a psychiatrist, or adult supervision...
      05-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #36
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

I think everyone needs to calm down and watch this video again. Got to go now. Off to the airport to catch my flight to Dallas. Wish we luck with my injections!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #37
Boulder Bill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

LOL. I'll wish you luck with your therapies.

Kind of hoping for your sake that high voltage is involved. . .
2013 F10 550i | 6 Speed Manual | M Sport Package | Carbon Black | Oyster & Black Nappa | Dynamic Handling w/Dynamic Damper Control | Executive Package (Comfort Access - Soft Close - HUD) | B&O Sound | Luxury Seating & Heated Seats
(retired: 2002 E39 540i | 6 Speed Manual)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 06:47 PM   #38
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
I think everyone needs to calm down and watch this video again. Got to go now. Off to the airport to catch my flight to Dallas. Wish we luck with my injections!!!!
I'll bet that aircraft emits more EMF than ANY car...

Don't sit too close to the transponder transmitter!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #39
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc
Quote:
I'll bet that aircraft emits more EMF than ANY car...

Don't sit too close to the transponder transmitter!!
Today's youth are so overloaded on various representations coming from the Internet, a small percentage get lost in a different reality. Thankfully, most younger folks are smart, witty, brilliant, and honest.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #40
cobra1100
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i Xdrive M-Sport DHP

Seriously, I highly doubt its EMF. It may be something physical that you are not seeing (a new detergent, or chemicals used to clean the inside of the car before you picked it up) or its all in your head. Mind has an amazing way to create physical problems from mental.

And if it bothering you that much, get rid of the car and problem solved.

Last edited by cobra1100; 05-07-2016 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #41
Alcenos
Field Marshal 🔱
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition (F90)

Garage List
Fast F30, I tried to just let this go, but I need to ask a question and make a comment....if your doctor is going to treat you outside of the office in an experimental way, you may first want to check the status of his/her liscence. In your first post, you mentioned that your EMF meter provided high results? What were the values of these results in either Gauss or Tesla?
2002 E46 325i - Space Grey (retired)
1999 E46 328i - Orient Blue (retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #42
silo24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcenos
Fast F30, I tried to just let this go, but I need to ask a question and make a comment....if your doctor is going to treat you outside of the office in an experimental way, you may first want to check the status of his/her liscence. In your first post, you mentioned that your EMF meter provided high results? What were the values of these results in either Gauss or Tesla?
Don't bite....I get the feeling we've all wasted a bit of time here.