2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Here's something funny, has it happened to you?

04-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #23
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Not caught anyone taking pictures but my car is parked on a side street across the road from my business. I can generally see it most of the day and it's a busy city location. I see guys around the car all the time checking it over and peeking inside. When leaving work in the evening I tend to get a lot of comments when unlocking the car and someone is nearby. Kind of nice, guys in the UK will generally ask questions about what it is, engine spec and convey how much they like the car.
funny how it's always dudes jocking the car! whatever happened to the hot chicks checking out the cars...did they die off and now it's just hot chicks who don't give a f?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #24
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arko528 View Post
I was paintballing with my buddies, as we were walking out a guy was standing on top of my hood taking pictures, so I unloaded 2 hoppers full of ammo on automatic 300 fps (feet per second) right at him. Best part is my aim is pretty good!
you should have recorded that onto youtube!
I wish...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #25
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
funny how it's always dudes jocking the car! whatever happened to the hot chicks checking out the cars...did they die off and now it's just hot chicks who don't give a f?
Had a few mums comment on it during the school run, but I wouldn't class them as hot unfortunately. I think you need more than a BMW for that nowadays... no matter how much you mod it
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #26
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Had a few mums comment on it during the school run, but I wouldn't class them as hot unfortunately. I think you need more than a BMW for that nowadays... no matter how much you mod it
LOL, thing i, the more you mod it the more guys and not girls are interested. Guys know a modded car when they see it, girls just tend to think about if a car is "cute" or not - that's the reason my wife loves the Frog Eye Sprite and the Porsche 356, not speed or performance, but because they're cute.
That's the difference, if I could get a 2 seat track toy, I would get an Ariel Atom V8 - hands down, no question.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 06:49 PM   #27
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
LOL, thing i, the more you mod it the more guys and not girls are interested. Guys know a modded car when they see it, girls just tend to think about if a car is "cute" or not - that's the reason my wife loves the Frog Eye Sprite and the Porsche 356, not speed or performance, but because they're cute.
That's the difference, if I could get a 2 seat track toy, I would get an Ariel Atom V8 - hands down, no question.
ahhh...so PJinCA drives "CUTE" car's so the wife says that's funny bro!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #28
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ahhh...so PJinCA drives "CUTE" car's so the wife says that's funny bro!
LOL, no, she doesn't like my car and doesn't understand my I feel the need to mod my cars. My only saving grace was that she used to have a coworker who had an M3, and she asked him: "my husband is always spending money to make his car different, more unique, or perform better, do all of you BMW guys have to do this?"
The coworker's response:
"Of course we do"
Never met him, but I coulda hugged him, the wife complained a lot less after that.
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #29
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL, no, she doesn't like my car and doesn't understand my I feel the need to mod my cars. My only saving grace was that she used to have a coworker who had an M3, and she asked him: "my husband is always spending money to make his car different, more unique, or perform better, do all of you BMW guys have to do this?"
The coworker's response:
"Of course we do"
Never met him, but I coulda hugged him, the wife complained a lot less after that.
haha NICE! my wife and I use to belong to a car club back in Cali in our 20'-30's. she had her show and car and i had mine so she totally understands why i do what i do...but she couldn't believe how much more it cost to do things to the BMW than Honda's and Acura's
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #30
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
haha NICE! my wife and I use to belong to a car club back in Cali in our 20'-30's. she had her show and car and i had mine so she totally understands why i do what i do...but she couldn't believe how much more it cost to do things to the BMW than Honda's and Acura's
LOL, try building a race car bro. I used to go through $1200 in tires alone on a raceweekend, comparatively my BMWs have been fairly cheap to mod.
My wife has no interest in cars, nor does she like spending money. To the point where I replaced the brakes on her Armada (we bought it CPO) a couple of weeks back and I noticed we had the wrong caliper on the right front, which was causing the brake line to rub against the front axle and fray. I replaced the caliper and the brake line with the correct ones and she didn't understand why I insisted in spending the money.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #31
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL, try building a race car bro. I used to go through $1200 in tires alone on a raceweekend, comparatively my BMWs have been fairly cheap to mod.
My wife has no interest in cars, nor does she like spending money. To the point where I replaced the brakes on her Armada (we bought it CPO) a couple of weeks back and I noticed we had the wrong caliper on the right front, which was causing the brake line to rub against the front axle and fray. I replaced the caliper and the brake line with the correct ones and she didn't understand why I insisted in spending the money.
my Integra was a race car...fully built for the track. fully built motor from the ground up, custom turbo, full roll cage and racing seats. it wasn't street legal...hence my user ID! I dropped serious money back in those days. i was sponsored by SleepR MotorSports. nowadays everything for those cars are much cheaper
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 09:14 PM   #32
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my Integra was a race car...fully built for the track. fully built motor from the ground up, custom turbo, full roll cage and racing seats. it wasn't street legal...hence my user ID! I dropped serious money back in those days. i was sponsored by SleepR MotorSports. nowadays everything for those cars are much cheaper
LOL, thats for sure. The import scene is MUCH cheaper now. But those cars also hold their value very well.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 07:36 AM   #33
ALPWhite
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine White 535iX MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Cool92 View Post
You should've walked up to the car and started kicking the tire and be like "what a piece of shit, whose car is this ? " to see what those kids would do . Lol
Appreciate 0