2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications F10 520d P249300 crank no start

12-24-2022, 04:26 AM   #1
zayst
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d e90

F10 520d P249300 crank no start

How are things, I have a 2011 520d f10 with n47 engine which will crank but not start. All began when a drivetrain light came up on the dash while driving so I pulled over and turned it off. Would only crank but would not start.
Checked codes and got P249300 Rail pressure monitoring on engine starting, rail pressure too low on engine starting. Cracked an injector, no diesel at all. Pulled pipe from hpfp and I DO have good flow from the low pressure pump. Pulled switch on hpfp and found metal shavings. Suspected hpfp failure. Replaced hpfp with good second hand unit. Made sure to lock crank and cams with locking tools, timing was still spot on. Dropped diesel tank, cleaned it and all lines, replaced fuel filter. Now I had correct pressures on cranking, diesel when I crack an injector pipe still no start. Replaced and coded injectors, rail and hp pipes from a known good engine, still no start. Checked injector connectors with a noide light, have no injector pulse. No fault codes to do with injectors. Checked all fuses and relays. Have rpm on live data. Possible camshaft sensor failure? However for the sensor and the pump to give up at the same time seems very unlikely? Now am second guessing if the pump was even the problem the whole time? Any help greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 10:31 AM   #2
IdlenutsDK
Rep
Drives: BMW F11

Just a long shot, what about the rail pressure sensor ? Is it possible it wont give signal to the HPFP ?
Appreciate 0