2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) ED Hotels (King's, Novotel, Innside)

05-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
MBrown1003
Eight Bimmers and counting
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Question ED Hotels (King's, Novotel, Innside)

I'm starting to plan out my ED trip. (I suppose I'm getting a little ahead of myself here, as I haven't ordered the car yet, but that's me.)

I'm appealing to the collected wisdom, experience, and wit of those who read this board!

My original thought was stay at the Four Points by Sheraton OlympiaPark. Close to BMW, convenient, somewhat historic (originally built as athletes' housing for the Olympics). Then I starting looking. The reviews are polarized -- people either love the value and location or hate everything about the place. For me, the deciding factor was the lack of air conditioning. I don't tolerate heat/humidity well, I'm traveling with my 81-year-old father, and we arrive on July 31. No reason to subject either of us to discomfort if it's avoidable.

(Oh, and before you picture some frail, withering elder, let me point out that my father walks close to a mile a day to take the NY subway back and forth to work. In the last two years, he has learned to operate a jet ski, and did rather well at the One Day M Driving School in Spartanburg. He's a pretty intrepid sort!!)

So now, I checked out some other sources, and there's four hotels on my list:
* King's First Class
* King's Center
* Novotel Suites
* Innside by Melia

I would love to hear *any* comments -- good or bad -- about these properties. Parking, access to public transport, stuff around the hotel, stuff IN the hotel, proximity to the Welt, good experiences, bad experiences, whatever. Help me out here, folks!
Fives: '11 F10 550i, '02 E39 M5, '00 E39 540i/6, '97 E39 528i, '92 E34 525i
Others: VW, MBz, Peugeot, Toyota, Olds
Appreciate 0