2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding 2013 M5 iPhone text/email question...need help

05-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
acr-c
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5

2013 M5 iPhone text/email question...need help

Sorry to bring up this subject again guys. I've done a TON of searching and have read a TON of different posts on the subject. However, nothing seems definitive enough for me to choose to keep my current iPhone 5s or buy another phone.

My email/calendar at work is my only email/calendar source. I have my iPhone 5s running that.

1) I want to be able to see my calendar in the iDrive.

2) I want to be able to see my texts pop up in iDrive and have them read aloud to me.

3) I want to be able to click Reply on those text messages and dictate a reply through iDrive and have it read back to me for correctness and then sent through the iDrive.

4) I want to be able to see my emails pop up in iDrive and have them read aloud to me.

5) I want to be able to click Reply on those emails and dictate a reply through iDrive and have it read back to me for correctness and then sent through the iDrive.

6) I want to be able to play Pandora through my iPhone in the car.

Currently i can:

See/access my calendar, see text messages/have them read aloud to me and I can play Pandora.

Everything else above doesn't work for me. If i click on Reply to a text, it does nothing and the Reply icon on iDrive is not lit up. I can't even see emails pop up. I've tried a couple of the workarounds but maybe am not doing the sequencing right??? I have tried it via Bluetooth as well as USB.

If the iPhone 5s just isn't going to work for all of the above, i just want to KNOW that for SURE, and then I'll go buy an Android phone and go that route instead. I believe from looking at BMW's site that the HTC One and the Samsung S4 will work (not positive about the new One M8 or the S5 but anyway...)

THANKS guys!!!!!
Christian
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #2
SteveL1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 435Xi M-Sport

Have you found any answers yet? Just got a 5s and would like to do the same as you in our new 535 and 435. Dealer CA said that he thought a cradle was needed but was not sure.
Appreciate 0