2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding CIC Map Update

04-08-2024, 09:35 AM   #1
HisHyperion
Registered
Serbia
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D

CIC Map Update

Greetings everyone,

I bought myself a pretty decent F10 1.5 years ago and I've been lurking these forums since.

I'm one of those guys that loves to visit forums, especially when I'm looking for solution, but I rarely post, if ever.

Today, I ask for your help if I can, since my account is freshly created.

I want to update maps on my CIC headunit and I'm not having any luck. I tried extracting 1b file via usb so that I can generate FSC code, but nothing...
Tried multiple different usb sticks with different sizes, leaving it inside glovebox usb port for 30s, 1m, 2m, nothing works.

I'm not even sure that I can try manual generation with VIN number because I know that car was retrofitted with larger screen unit before I bought it and I don't know if it was properly coded to the VIN of my car or if it still has VIN of the donor.

Another question is can i change map region? I have Europe Premium West map, and I want to keep that region, but what if I wanted to go to Europe East, is that possible, or is my unit stuck with west without some kind of coding?

One more thing I noticed is that FSC generator only goes up to 2022, is it possible for someone to generate me a FSC code, or share with me how it's done?

P.S. I don't have Esys or ICOM, ISTA software and so on. I'm looking for solutions like the usb method mentioned above if any exists.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your time
Appreciate 0