2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread

03-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #1277
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

BJ's poor conditioning and lack of effort in training definitely showed his last few fights, which is why I am calling his down side, he looked so unmotivated or didn't even care when it really came down to it...his post fight interview after the diaz fight pretty much summed it up....

I'm a BJP fan thru and thru, I'm hoping he does come back stronger and in better condition, but even if he does, not sure how he'll compare with the younger fighters....
      03-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #1278
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

New TUF format is rather interesting.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #1279
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Eddie Bravo's guy got dominated, that dude Marcello is legit
      03-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #1280
san~man
Tired
Rep

Oh the broken toe, nasty! But he Tucked it out
      03-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #1281
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Checking out TUF now.

First bout was pretty good. damn, eddie bravo's peep got owned. 3rd fight punch was all she wrote LOL! Tickle, another power puncher
The Ogle fight wasn't that entertaining at all but his victory celebration and monkey hugging dana was pretty damn funny. Nice scrambling from pichel, elbows wins fights!

Cofer gets in with his clinch and wrestling work, the brit with all that bad sportsmanship thowing his shit down. Even the coaches said "don't do that". Mohawk kid advances, mr self proclaimed handsome man leaves, thank god for that.

Will watch the rest after coming back from the gym :P

*edit

That vick fight was so bad, honestly felt like it needed another round to determine who won. Chiesa's got good ground control, should play well for him at the house if he can get ppl to the ground. Rio's really allround good. DAMN Team BlackHouse kid, Lawrence is BADASS! Yeah,training with A.Silva sure helps lol. He's should do very well at the House. Chruickshank looked good. Nice stand up with a wrestling background. Larons's in and he's got a chick's face on his pec, can't see his guy winning lol. OMFG DAMN! That poor toe. Tuck is a a tough dude fighting with that injury. Shit looks so nasty >_< Very easy win for Jury.

Got some crazy kids in this season, should be good

Last edited by Garduna; 03-10-2012 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #1282
san~man
Tired
Rep

I thought Ogle lost, he was stuck in the triangle for like an eternity and had a guillotine attempt for what, 20 seconds and gets the win?
      03-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #1283
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
I thought Ogle lost, he was stuck in the triangle for like an eternity and had a guillotine attempt for what, 20 seconds and gets the win?
yeah the kid won, it was such a bad fight -_-;
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #1284
san~man
Tired
Rep

Joe Warren (sp?) got ktfo in bellator. Got a few talented guys in the flyweight division that I think could compete in the ufc
      03-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #1285
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea Pat Curran is no joke, he needs to lets his hands go a bit more but when he does, look out! I would love to see him in the UFC, I dont see much competition on Bellator other than Pitbull Freire.

Speaking of Bellator, I hope the UFC sign Lombard, he is a free agent and NEEDS to be in the UFC, he hasnt had any real competition in Bellator, give him Palhares as his first fight

TUF Live was pretty good, the broken toe was hard to look at and god damn, blackhouse guy was sick, cant wait to see him again, hope Faber lands him

and I agree that one fight w/ the guy in a triangle for 3+min should have gone to 2nd round, thats too close to send a guy home.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #1286
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

This Marcello guy messing someone up lol. Considering he trains with Wanderlei Silva and Shogun, he should do very well

Lawrence, the kid that trains with Anderson Silva and at Black House, can't wait to see him mess ppl up
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #1287
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I watched Anderson Silva Like Water last night.

I highly recommend it to everyone. Great documentary that goes behind the scenes and basically starts from the end of the Maia fight up until the first Sonnen fight.

I'm sure a lot of people will look at Silva differently the next time they see him in the cage.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #1288
san~man
Tired
Rep

I watched "I am Bruce Lee" on Spike, very informative documentary if you're into BL
      03-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #1289
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I haven't had the chance to watch either of those docs but I want to
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #1290
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
This Marcello guy messing someone up lol. Considering he trains with Wanderlei Silva and Shogun, he should do very well

Lawrence, the kid that trains with Anderson Silva and at Black House, can't wait to see him mess ppl up
wow, who is dumb enough to pick a fight w/ the chute box guys during the pride days, he was lucky getting chocked out was the worse he got

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I watched Anderson Silva Like Water last night.

I highly recommend it to everyone. Great documentary that goes behind the scenes and basically starts from the end of the Maia fight up until the first Sonnen fight.

I'm sure a lot of people will look at Silva differently the next time they see him in the cage.
downloading as we speak, will watch tonight, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #1291
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Shogun vs Rampage announced, will be epic but I'm glad the whole Rampage BS will be done after this fight. I've always liked him but when you live in a million dollar house, have 10 really expensive cars and you want to complain about money? and wants to say its the fans who dont understand? WTF is wrong w/ him
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #1292
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
downloading as we speak, will watch tonight, thanks!
Have you had a chance to watch it yet? Thoughts?

Quote:
Shogun vs Rampage announced, will be epic but I'm glad the whole Rampage BS will be done after this fight. I've always liked him but when you live in a million dollar house, have 10 really expensive cars and you want to complain about money? and wants to say its the fans who dont understand? WTF is wrong w/ him
Yeh I don't really understand it either. He seems to contradict himself too when he says he's not fighting for the money then complains about his paycheque too.

I don't like watching guys fight that don't want to fight, it's not a good recipe for a good fight.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #1293
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
I didnt get a chance to yesterday, I got home late and the Miami Heat game was starting, 100% watching it today since the heat dont play till late

Quote:
Yeh I don't really understand it either. He seems to contradict himself too when he says he's not fighting for the money then complains about his paycheque too.

I don't like watching guys fight that don't want to fight, it's not a good recipe for a good fight.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #1294
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I honestly don't think Rampage is complaining about the money. He's just fed up with getting wrestler/grapplers as opponents. Plus he's a crazy emotional guy and that don't play well on ya when you lose. I'm still a big fan of his and I'm glad his last fight is with a striker.

I'm dling the 2 docs now

Is anyone else annoyed that edgar is getting a rematch and pettis is getting shafted again to the side? this fucking kid has the worst luck with matchmaking in the ufc. He always comes second. Hear there's talks about him jumping down to featherweight just to get a title shot against aldo.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #1295
san~man
Tired
Rep

He looks pretty thin at lightweight, wonder if he could lose that much weight and not be drained?

I don't think Frankie deserves an instant rematch, but that's just me
      03-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #1296
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
man, that was incredible. It was awesome seeing Anderson like that, at least in the US we get very little about him but you can kinda tell his personality by the way he is in interviews. It had to be so tough on him going from the Maia fight to the Sonnen fight, its cool to see how he has a true martial artist point of view, its prob what makes him so great.

I also loved how this basically proved what I've been arguing since the Sonnen fight, Anderson was willing to stay on bottom to try to get the sub. Even when Big Nog is telling him to KO him, he's like no, I'm going to sub him

I cant wait till it comes out w/ DVD/BlueRay cause the one I got had all those paramount warning all over the screen

oh and last thing, Anderson son is going to be insane when he gets older, did you see at the end, the kid had sick ground game, specially for that age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
I honestly don't think Rampage is complaining about the money. He's just fed up with getting wrestler/grapplers as opponents. Plus he's a crazy emotional guy and that don't play well on ya when you lose. I'm still a big fan of his and I'm glad his last fight is with a striker.

I'm dling the 2 docs now

Is anyone else annoyed that edgar is getting a rematch and pettis is getting shafted again to the side? this fucking kid has the worst luck with matchmaking in the ufc. He always comes second. Hear there's talks about him jumping down to featherweight just to get a title shot against aldo.
yea, I understand that but Rampage has to know thats how it is. There are a ton of wrestlers in the UFC, specially in the top 10. So you gotta deal w/ it. I'm still a fan but its getting old
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #1297
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
man, that was incredible. It was awesome seeing Anderson like that, at least in the US we get very little about him but you can kinda tell his personality by the way he is in interviews. It had to be so tough on him going from the Maia fight to the Sonnen fight, its cool to see how he has a true martial artist point of view, its prob what makes him so great.

I also loved how this basically proved what I've been arguing since the Sonnen fight, Anderson was willing to stay on bottom to try to get the sub. Even when Big Nog is telling him to KO him, he's like no, I'm going to sub him

I cant wait till it comes out w/ DVD/BlueRay cause the one I got had all those paramount warning all over the screen

oh and last thing, Anderson son is going to be insane when he gets older, did you see at the end, the kid had sick ground game, specially for that age
I want to watch it again on Blu Ray too. It's really well made, definitely gives another perspective. He seems so level-headed and down to earth, which I think would be so hard if you had his fighting abilities.

It was really cool when he kept saying to Big Nog that he was going to sub Sonnen. I never seen that footage before either.

Quote:
yea, I understand that but Rampage has to know thats how it is. There are a ton of wrestlers in the UFC, specially in the top 10. So you gotta deal w/ it. I'm still a fan but its getting old

+ 1 It's MMA.

If wrestlers keep getting KO'd and they complain that they keep getting matched up with elite strikers, it's a similar argument. I think anyone going up against Rampage would try and take him down anyway. The smartest strategy is to find holes in the opponents games and Rampage is a bit like a turtle on his back against solid wrestlers.

MMA fighters need to be ready to go anywhere. I can understand if the match-up is purely based on entertaining the fans but if he plans to make a run for the title he needs to be able to put guys like Bader away, wrestler or not.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #1298
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
+ 1 It's MMA.

If wrestlers keep getting KO'd and they complain that they keep getting matched up with elite strikers, it's a similar argument. I think anyone going up against Rampage would try and take him down anyway. The smartest strategy is to find holes in the opponents games and Rampage is a bit like a turtle on his back against solid wrestlers.

MMA fighters need to be ready to go anywhere. I can understand if the match-up is purely based on entertaining the fans but if he plans to make a run for the title he needs to be able to put guys like Bader away, wrestler or not.
exactly, just like Anderson said in that documentary, everyone loves brawlers... till they loose
Appreciate 0