2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Has anyone bought www.DVDinmotion.com software?

04-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #67
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
I am waiting for these guys to be able to do a full profile update via this method. I'm talking about adjusting simple settings such as close windows while holding lock button on fob, fold mirrors when double lock from fob, close trunk (boot for most of the world) when holding trunk button on fob, unlock doors when engine turned off, unfold mirrors when unlock. All of these are simple settings and since the F10 requires e-sys to program (nobody has leaked it yet), this method would be wonderful. Order up your preferences in a customized disk and away you go. Heading to the dealer, no proplem, just insert the disk, set everything back to stock and nobody is the wiser. Before you leave the dealer's lot you can reset it all back to the way you like it.

A couple of hundred bucks for thsi convenience...you bet!

I guy can dream...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdinmotion View Post
... or can wait for a very near future
More details, please!

Thinking of ordering, but would rather wait if you are working on the ability to code a few other things through this method (remove navi warning, allow remote close of windows/sunroof, etc)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #68
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: i3,E21,M2,E23, Skoda Kodiaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losco View Post
I'd get this in a heartbeat if it unlocked nav address input while moving. it's unlocked in US right?

Its unlocked in Europe too.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #69
lsufran
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Conv

I dont have Navigation system in my F10, and cannot play normal DVDs as they get ejected after 2 seconds. I do however have Combox. Will DVDinmotion work for me and play my DVDs??
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #70
Losco
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
Its unlocked in Europe too.
Sigh... Why is JPN F10 so gimped? we don't even get bluetooth audio with combox!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #71
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losco View Post
Sigh... Why is JPN F10 so gimped? we don't even get bluetooth audio with combox!
How is GPS working in Japan now by the way?? I read the whole island moved 2,5 meter under the earthquake. Do they have to reprogram the whole coordinate system??
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #72
Losco
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
How is GPS working in Japan now by the way?? I read the whole island moved 2,5 meter under the earthquake. Do they have to reprogram the whole coordinate system??
hmm... just realized that. I haven't had any problems with it. I think GPS works quite well considering there are roads that are 5m apart going in same direction everywhere around here. it does get confused sometimes when I'm on a road that has highway right above it running in same direction, but that was before earthquakes.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #73
Glock 32
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ View Post
Last question: can I playback videos from the iphone4 ?
I doubt it. You can't playback video from the iphone when you are parked. Only sound through the front with video on the rear seat entetainment monitors when using the RCA inputs. AND then only itunes videos get output (e.g. slingbox video, etc. does not seem to output through the iphone dock connector only audio). I am sure that part has to do with Apple (hmm, or maybe that is slingbox software - note to self: check other third party apps / videos).

Ordered mine today and awaiting the link, but I think you will only be able to play DVD's on the front monitor like you can when parked (unless you have the whole ipod integration, 6NR, craddle when it comes out, post March build, combox, etc.)

So yeah, dvdinmotion, will it play iphone 4 video in motion if you have the 6NR and the media cradle that is due out? in other words I assume it will play any video in motion that would otherwise blank when releasing the parking brake (inluding iphone 4 videos once the media cradle is released), correct?

Last edited by Glock 32; 04-21-2011 at 02:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #74
Glock 32
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextremo View Post
More details, please!

Thinking of ordering, but would rather wait if you are working on the ability to code a few other things through this method (remove navi warning, allow remote close of windows/sunroof, etc)
Ahh, I would just go ahead and order it. Oh, actually, I just did earlier today with the same concern in mind. However, I am hopeful they will offer an update or upgrade (with full credit towards) for existing customers if that comes out anytime soon.

A question I have for dvdinmotion is IF it is in ANYWAY detectable by the dealer once removed and if there is any chance it can glitch on install/removal and crash the OE software requiring a dealer reflash?

Seems like it simply changes a parameter the way BMW intended perhaps to be able to send a file to a service shop or whatever in a pinch?

So I guess I have another question. Will we need a new file from dvdinmotion if the software is upgraded either by the dealer or the software update option via usb flash drive through idrive?

Last edited by Glock 32; 04-21-2011 at 02:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #75
MarcJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F23 M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 32 View Post
I doubt it. You can't playback video from the iphone when you are parked. Only sound through the front with video on the rear seat entetainment monitors when using the RCA inputs. AND then only itunes videos get output (e.g. slingbox video, etc. does not seem to output through the iphone dock connector only audio). I am sure that part has to do with Apple (hmm, or maybe that is slingbox software - note to self: check other third party apps / videos).

Ordered mine today and awaiting the link, but I think you will only be able to play DVD's on the front monitor like you can when parked (unless you have the whole ipod integration, 6NR, craddle when it comes out, post March build, combox, etc.)

So yeah, dvdinmotion, will it play iphone 4 video in motion if you have the 6NR and the media cradle that is due out? in other words I assume it will play any video in motion that would otherwise blank when releasing the parking brake (inluding iphone 4 videos once the media cradle is released), correct?
The car, post marsh production, has everything it needs for full integration of iphone except cradle, not available before june in here.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 03:14 AM   #76
cave
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D (E60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_dot View Post
any group buys on this anytime soon? i need this
I'll be in for a group buy
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #77
Argelius
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi (on order)

I took the leap and bought it. Installed in seconds and works pretty well. Accessing the main DVD menu is a little buggy. Need to try it with another DVD before calling it a definite bug and ask dvdinmotion for help.

I did a hardware hack for my old Lexus (which involved dismantling the dashboard). This process is unbelievably easy. It really is over-priced for what it is, but after spending $65,000 on the car and paying $80 to fill up the tank, what's another $175...

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #78
tfire
Rep
Drives: 2025 850i Vert / 2021 Audi SQ8

Anybody try this with a post March build US F10? I'm very curious.
2007 MB ML63 AMG (gone)
2004 MB E55 AMG (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #79
Argelius
Private
Rep

I installed it and it works well. The installation was a breeze. The only issue I'm having is that the "DVD Menu" (where you can choose play, special features, setup, etc) doesn't seem to be able to be activated by the iDrive controller. If you go to the "options" menu (via the button on the iDrive) and select it there, via "additional option)s", the DVD main menu is controllable.

Whether it's worth the $175 dollars is purely a judgement call. However, given that in my previous car (a Lexus) I had to install a hardware fix (by dismantling the center console), for about the same amount of money, this 30-second installation is wonderful.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #80
tfire
Rep
Drives: 2025 850i Vert / 2021 Audi SQ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argelius View Post
I installed it and it works well. The installation was a breeze. The only issue I'm having is that the "DVD Menu" (where you can choose play, special features, setup, etc) doesn't seem to be able to be activated by the iDrive controller. If you go to the "options" menu (via the button on the iDrive) and select it there, via "additional option)s", the DVD main menu is controllable.

Whether it's worth the $175 dollars is purely a judgement call. However, given that in my previous car (a Lexus) I had to install a hardware fix (by dismantling the center console), for about the same amount of money, this 30-second installation is wonderful.
Thanks for your reply. I think I'll wait till they get all the bugs worked out.
2007 MB ML63 AMG (gone)
2004 MB E55 AMG (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 01:31 AM   #81
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep

Got it installed, I was expecting "plug and pray", but it was really easy, and works fine!

The only problem is not to start to watch the movie the passengers are watching, and was kind of unreal feeling driving around in a home cinema, but the kids love it!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #82
petros15978
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 520d & E90 318i

These guys are excellent businessmen. It appears as though it was my car's problem that installation failed. However, they offered full immediate refund! They even offered to pay me extra money! The cd got stuck in the dvd drive for some mysterious reason and the dealer charged me €55,00 to get that out. Once I let them know they struggled to send me the extra money just to keep me happy! I was not "cheap" and kindly refused. After all we all assume responsibility for even trying such high risk "hacks" into our cars' computers.
I thought you should know about that.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #83
Alex170177
Rep
Drives: Merc C63 AMG

My DVD menu is controlable using the idrive.... Don't need to access the options menu...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #84
MarcJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F23 M240i LCI

Can it playback divx ?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #85
AbsoluteAuto
Thailand
Rep
Drives: F11 M SPORT

Just out of curiosity, will this software do any harm to the system itself in the future? Is there any guarantee from the vendor?

No offense, but really want to make sure about the risk in a long term.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #86
Argelius
Private
Rep

After using it for a week or so, I'm pleased to report everything works great with no problems. I've figured out how to consistently access the DVD menu, so really have no complaints.

I had a couple of questions and the communication with the vendor has been excellent and quick. The installation is so easy (and so much better than the hardwire "solutions" I've seen elsewhere) that from a hassle standpoint, the price is almost worth it.

And from what I understand the "hack" can be easily reversed, so I can't see any way you'd damage or prevent future upgrades.

About the only downside I see is that BMW releases new software that somehow breaks the patch. But I'm guessing that's not likely since the DVD side of the infotainment system is pretty stable and not expected to have "upgrades."

Last edited by Argelius; 05-02-2011 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #87
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteAuto View Post
Just out of curiosity, will this software do any harm to the system itself in the future? Is there any guarantee from the vendor?

No offense, but really want to make sure about the risk in a long term.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argelius View Post
After using it for a week or so, I'm pleased to report everything works great with no problems. I've figured out how to consistently access the DVD menu, so really have no complaints.

I had a couple of questions and the communication with the vendor has been excellent and quick. The installation is so easy (and so much better than the hardwire "solutions" I've seen elsewhere) that from a hassle standpoint, the price is almost worth it.

And from what I understand the "hack" can be easily reversed, so I can't see any way you'd damage or prevent future upgrades.

About the only downside I see is that BMW releases new software that somehow breaks the patch. But I'm guessing that's not likely since the DVD side of the infotainment system is pretty stable and not expected to have "upgrades."
Gentlemen, I would like to clarify one thing regarding the future software updates and their influence to unlocked video. Our software is actually not installed into the car itself. You just run it once and it changes the state of video locks in permanent part of memory. Therefore it will survive software upgrades of the infotainment system. This was proven many times and some of our first customers have cars where the unlocked video still works as expected after 4 different BMW upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #88
blackhawk_pilot2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011, BMW 535i

If you guys come out with a way to make my US Spec F10 535i receive European radio stations/freq (and hence all that nice traffic info that would filter thru) I'll buy in a heart beat.
Appreciate 0