2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Warning!! Burger Tuning. Horrible after sale customer service

05-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
Dontbethatguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
Clearly, they are trying to make more money.
The audacity of a business to make more money...erroneous! Sure wish those that make ridiculous comments had to own their own business for a year or more. He's in business to SELL tuners, not make sure he offers you a $10 adapter to make it work on something else. Trying to convince anyone that he would grow his business by NOT selling more tuners and selling $10 adapters is dumb. It devalues his new tuners. I doubt he will lose much sleep losing the business of a customer that bashes him online because he wanted to spend $10. I've never bought a thing from BMS, but this post is ridiculous. People try to blackmail and whine on any forum they can when they don't get their way. It's the new norm. You don't see guys whining that they couldn't move their $3,500 Dinan tune from one car to another. He doesn't make money supporting used parts. You want him to be his own worst enemy. He makes his money selling tuners. Not that hard to understand. Sounds like his service after the sale was fine. He answered both you and the guy that bought your harness. You just didn't like the answer that he gave you...big difference.

I want my Obama tuner!

Last edited by Dontbethatguy; 05-22-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #24
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontbethatguy View Post
The audacity of a business to make more money...erroneous! Sure wish those that make ridiculous comments had to own their own business for a year or more. He's in business to SELL tuners, not make sure he offers you a $10 adapter to make it work on something else. Trying to convince anyone that he would grow his business by NOT selling more tuners and selling $10 adapters is dumb. It devalues his new tuners. I doubt he will lose much sleep losing the business of a customer that bashes him online because he wanted to spend $10. I've never bought a thing from BMS, but this post is ridiculous. People try to blackmail and whine on any forum they can when they don't get their way. It's the new norm. You don't see guys whining that they couldn't move their $3,500 Dinan tune from one car to another. He doesn't make money supporting used parts. You want him to be his own worst enemy. He makes his money selling tuners. Not that hard to understand. Sounds like his service after the sale was fine. He answered both you and the guy that bought your harness. You just didn't like the answer that he gave you...big difference.

I want my Obama tuner!
Not sure why it is ridiculous. I bought this Tune for one big reason. It is piggybacked and can be removed/reused. That was one thing I actually discussed with Burger before purchasing. It is also different because we are talking about the $10 harness here, not the computer unit itself. I know I am not the case, but if the harness is damaged after a long period of use or during installations, why can't one purchase a replacement instead of buying a whole new kit? Let's not kid ourselves, no one would be happy about it. The one thing that upset me the most is the answer that they cannot separate the kit. Because they clearly do when exchanging/replacing for the newly purchased customers without asking for the computer unit.

I do own business and have a few friends that own tuning shops. We know very well how to grow business by offering a little "extra" support/care to gain potential customers. It is especially important for smaller operations.
I am sure everyone has bought USED items before. If you can't buy replacement part because the Manufacturer refused to sell it to you simply because you did not buy it brand new from them, would you feel safe buying their products in the future? I would not, personally.

I know some people agree, some disagree with me. My question is, how would you feel if this happened to you. Ok, I am done with this thread. Thank you all for the comments.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #25
bb2405
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [8.76]
I think Terry has the best customer service out of any of the tuning companies. He replies within literally seconds of sending him and email and he will walk you through your trouble shooting at almost any hour of the day.

One time he helped me till close to midnight. That kind of service can't be bashed on because you simply are upset that you made a mistake on ordering the correct harness.

Sure they should exchange it. But it's not enough to say they have horrible customer service because quit frankly it's good.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #26
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Not sure why it is ridiculous. I bought this Tune for one big reason. It is piggybacked and can be removed/reused. That was one thing I actually discussed with Burger before purchasing. It is also different because we are talking about the $10 harness here, not the computer unit itself. I know I am not the case, but if the harness is damaged after a long period of use or during installations, why can't one purchase a replacement instead of buying a whole new kit? Let's not kid ourselves, no one would be happy about it. The one thing that upset me the most is the answer that they cannot separate the kit. Because they clearly do when exchanging/replacing for the newly purchased customers without asking for the computer unit.

I do own business and have a few friends that own tuning shops. We know very well how to grow business by offering a little "extra" support/care to gain potential customers. It is especially important for smaller operations.
I am sure everyone has bought USED items before. If you can't buy replacement part because the Manufacturer refused to sell it to you simply because you did not buy it brand new from them, would you feel safe buying their products in the future? I would not, personally.

I know some people agree, some disagree with me. My question is, how would you feel if this happened to you. Ok, I am done with this thread. Thank you all for the comments.
How many of those tuning shops offer a tune for $500? How many other company's offer a $500 tune? If you buy a programmer it's the locked to the car. See you have it in your mind it's a $10 cable. You are not paying for the hardware as much as the research and design that went into building the kits/ tune. BMS makes a super cheap tune and now you want lifetime support? Your being a bit silly.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #27
rmastale
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i MSport, F15 X5 MSport

Quote:
No your not Stupid just got to stop watching CNN & MSNBC
What a dumb and ignorant response this is. Figures.

Go post on Fox or somewhere and don't pollute a BMW forum with your close-minded bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #28
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmastale View Post
Go post on Fox or somewhere and don't pollute a BMW forum with your close-minded bullshit.
rbembas535i makes a valid point. He just did it in a clever way.
      06-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #29
rmastale
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i MSport, F15 X5 MSport

What's the valid point? That once a company sells a product they can ignore the consumer and give them bad service in order to focus attention on a new customer to sell product all in the name of capitalism?

What the original poster did was capitalism at its finest. He simply posted his experience about the transaction. And then someone 'cleverly' says that because he's in Chicago that he doesn't know what capitalism is?

Come visit here... It's all capitalism. Don't bring your bullshit knowledge in here simy because a sitting US President is 'From' here and your news source has polluted your mind that he's anti-capitalist. But I digress.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #30
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
What's the valid point? That once a company sells a product they can ignore the consumer and give them bad service in order to focus attention on a new customer to sell product all in the name of capitalism?

What the original poster did was capitalism at its finest. He simply posted his experience about the transaction. And then someone 'cleverly' says that because he's in Chicago that he doesn't know what capitalism is?

Come visit here... It's all capitalism. Don't bring your bullshit knowledge in here simy because a sitting US President is 'From' here and your news source has polluted your mind that he's anti-capitalist. But I digress.
Do you even understand the OPs story? Its has way too many holes in it..
Now if the OP bought a new tune from BMS and accidentally ordered the wrong harness, BMS would gladly take it back and replace with the correct one.. Now if you bought a used one from the forum and expect BMS to send you a correct one, that is a different story.. I also think there is a difference between the tuning box and the difference does not lie only with the harness...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #31
Rbembas_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
rbembas535i makes a valid point. He just did it in a clever way.
Well thank you, look how irritated liberals get, they have to resort to personal attacks.
Ignorance is forgivable provided the person is willing to listen and learn. Wilful stupidity isn't, and deserves to be called out.

2011 M3 Coupe,Jerez Black,DCT,EDC,DSC
2010 X5 30i Black
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #32
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:

I don't think you are paying your fair share in taxes.

In the meantime, the point is that it is in-your-face obvious where you get your narrow minded, one-sided, oblique point of view.

Last edited by Andy H.; 06-05-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #33
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

Wow! This thread sure took a turn.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #34
APM Tuned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've had clients get JB tunes installed without issues and we've ordered a couple as well without any hiccups.

Maybe it was an off day? Or perhaps the terms and conditions simply state that it has to be in the hands of the original owner for it to be completed?

-Mark
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #35
L.A.S.
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

I was having issues with my stage 1 remap and Terry went above and beyond to help me. He would even respond on the weekends and after hours. This was my experience and I'm surprised to hear people having had the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #36
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

If you purchased the tune new from BMS or an authorized reseller they would swap it no problem if you happened to order the wrong harness and it was new. If this tune is new and you just bought it they probably misunderstood you. Just drop them a note to clarify that.

If you purchased it used or its been used you are basically on your own. BMS does not sell replacement harnesses. Per their terms and conditions the harness is covered under 12m warranty to the original purchaser. So if it breaks they will repair it for you. In practice they'll help you with any issue long after that and also regularly help even those who have purchased used with their support forum.

And for those who say BMS doesn't care about the F10 platform they have developed the Stage1 F10 tune, Stage2 F10 tune, and are getting close to releasing an F10 intake. So given the very small volume of F10s out there they are making an effort to help make your cars faster despite the numbers not quite adding up on the development end.

It sounds to me like OP sold his used tune to someone without making sure it would fit first. And if that is the case this thread is completely unjustified.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #37
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Good to know Mike, thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post

And for those who say BMS doesn't care about the F10 platform they have developed the Stage1 F10 tune, Stage2 F10 tune, and are getting close to releasing an F10 intake. So given the very small volume of F10s out there they are making an effort to help make your cars faster despite the numbers not quite adding up on the development end.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #38
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Agree

I did not ask them to PAY for anything. I ask them to help out by selling a replacement harness for a KIT that I paid full price for, from them. The story is I have sold the KIT to another member and when that member asked BURGER for help, they refused. I, as a responsible seller, want to help him out. I reached out to BURGER and provided different type of scenarios hoping can be more understanding, their answer is still "NO". They simply refuse to help anyone that's not the original purchaser.
What would you do if you had the same situation?

If It was my company. I will do my best to support my products. By selling this $10-20 cable to a member may not make me as much money as selling a whole kit, but it can help me grow my business. More people experiencing my products and possibly become long term customers. Aren't we all here because we share the same passion for driving/cars and trying to help each other out? I guess I am the only one living in a dream, ideal world.
BMS doesn't sell the N55 harness separately for a few reasons. First of all, it's expensive. It costs more to make than the box itself due to the hard to obtain BMW sensor connectors used. If BMS came back to you and told you the harness was $200 or more would you be happy with that? Secondly, BMS offers inexpensive upgrade kits for Stage1->Stage2 upgrades where you buy a new box and reuse your expensive harness by adding a few wires. This means there are lots of Stage1 boxes floating around. Selling the harnesses ala-cart would mean they would need to completely change their pricing structure for upgrade kits to something more expensive and/or less convenient. The harness is basically used to control their licensing.

At the end of the day here the real problem is you sold your well used tune to someone who has a different car and it doesn't fit their car. That is really on you. When you ordered the tune you must have specified the harness type so why didn't you do the same minimal due diligence with the person you sold it to?

Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #39
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusz335i View Post
I agree with your statement.I needed some technical support for used JB-stage one ,that I bought from another member on F10 forum.I also mentioned,that I am planning to upgrade to stage II-to purchase the upgrade from Burger Tuning.They response was,that they do not provide any support for used gear,but they sent E-mail with an offer to sell upgrade kit.I am done with Burger Tuning.
Upgrade kits purchased new re-qualify the entire tune for email support. But remember just because you bought used doesn't mean you don't get any support from BMS. It just means you don't get email support. You can still use their support forum on n54tech.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #40
DinoNac
Private
Rep
Drives: 535 xDrive N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Upgrade kits purchased new re-qualify the entire tune for email support. But remember just because you bought used doesn't mean you don't get any support from BMS. It just means you don't get email support. You can still use their support forum on n54tech.

Mike
I have to add to that, I have bought all new bms products and I am FBO with Meth in my 2011 F10 N55 In regards to your comment that there is N54 tech for support, while it is true there are a great deal of issues covered on the site, the level of support for the F10 N55 platform is no where near what is available for the N54 platform. Which makes it very difficult to find information for afr, fuel trims, meth ratios, fuel mixtures etc. without direct support from BMS. I have received a large level of support from BMS and I use and enjoy greatly BMS products, but I will say that I think they would certainly benefit/profit from a fee based customer service plan, especially for platforms that have limited coverage/support on the forums, such as the F10 N55. I have not found a single member in ANY FORUM that is currently running my setup. FBO + Meth. So for myself for example it is difficult to find many threads from users with my setup. I havent found one yet.

Last edited by DinoNac; 10-14-2013 at 02:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #41
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

this is the first time i ever read a bad review about bms customer service.
Im sorry for your experience

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0