2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media HRE brothers

11-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #23
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34
Right, but all kinds of cars end up in the ditch, these things happen in the climate we live in. I'll take safety features of our cars in the winter over any "winter beater" in a heartbeat. Common sense and extra caution are absolute must EVERY minute you're on the road in the winter, not just to protect the cars we love but people we share the roads with.

Not for a moment saying you guys are wrong to garage yours, many people do, and Roswell's CF argument is valid for sure, but I believe cars are meant to be driven, that's what we pay for. I tend to drive mine whatever the conditions. The amount I might save for "never winter driven" on resale or trade in down the road is not worth the hassle for me.

No more derailing the thread ... as I said, "nice photos Roswell", I've been trying to figure out the exact location in the city, but just can't figure it out. Experimental farm is the closest I can guess... lol

PM me detailing shop details please, I'll likely use them in March/April.
Bingo , it is the experimental farm. Lol

I don't know if we are allowed to post company contacts here, but u can search for Envy Detailing Ottawa.. Owner name is Derrick!
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #24
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Is that an aftermarket front bumper on the Mercedes?
Nope it's the OEM prefacelift bumper.. I think it's more agressive than the facelift with LED strip as fog light.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #25
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

We don't get snow here in Las Vegas but I never drive my car in the rain or if it's super windy. People here in las vegas drive like fucking morons and they mostly have shitty cars and I won't put mine at risk when the roads are wet. As far the wind it's blows 50-60mph sometimes and I've seen shit fly out of nowhere and hit people's cars and I won't put mine at risk for that shit either. I just recently sold my beloved ws6 and gave my explorer to my broke ass sister, so now we drive my girls e60 if the weather doesn't permit us to drive my car. Also nobody eats, drinks or farts in my car, I will pull over and put your ass on the curb if you fart in my car.
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #26
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Looking clean
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #27
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
We don't get snow here in Las Vegas but I never drive my car in the rain or if it's super windy. People here in las vegas drive like fucking morons and they mostly have shitty cars and I won't put mine at risk when the roads are wet. As far the wind it's blows 50-60mph sometimes and I've seen shit fly out of nowhere and hit people's cars and I won't put mine at risk for that shit either. I just recently sold my beloved ws6 and gave my explorer to my broke ass sister, so now we drive my girls e60 if the weather doesn't permit us to drive my car. Also nobody eats, drinks or farts in my car, I will pull over and put your ass on the curb if you fart in my car.
I get all of that but somewhere along the way I've learned that life's too short to pay that much attention to what after all is "just a car".

I've always taken really good care of all cars I've ever owned, never abused, always gone the extra mile maintaining them, keeping them fairly clean, but have never babied them. Kids spill stuff, bring mud in... I wipe it off and move on. Lots of bad drivers on the road, bad conditions, etc... guess what, no guaranties in life. In my view, no point in having one unless it's used when needed.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 09:36 PM   #28
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Yes brother I know it's only a car, if my girl wrecked it I would be like o'well as long as she is ok. It only rains a few times a year so I'm not missing out on anything. I won't willingly put my car at risk and feel like life is passing me by if I can't take my car out. I would be pissed if it got wrecked knowing I could have avoided it. Its not any different than a pilot chosing not to fly in bad weather or a hooker going out in the desert with 10 horny guys who look like they don't have 10 bucks between all of them, it's just a risk I'm not willing to take

Also I'm not driving an old Honda or a brand new Toyota Corolla, these cars get into 70k- 80k range real easy mine was 81k when new, maybe you have the cash to dispose of 80k cars but I dont. Plus I didn't spend all the extra money to mod it so some loser in a 1991 saturn could rear end me in the rain because he was checking his damn text messages. I don't have kids so I don't have to worry about a mess in my car, this was for me a purpose bought and modded bad ass luxury hot rod. If I had kids and wasn't worried about it getting wrecked I would have got a Honda because that is "just a car".
Attached Images

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 11-21-2015 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0