2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Coding session with Alex@Alpine

08-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thumbs up Coding session with Alex@Alpine

Hi,

Wanted to share my experience with Alex@Alpine.

You can learn more about his services here:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720230

I live in Europe and obviously had to do the remote coding session I PM'd him with some questions. First contact was last year with questions I had. During every stage of PMing he responded quickly and informatively. Very good!

I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to add some options via coding. Made a order via their website and the cable and USB stick came on time as promised

Made a booking of when to do the coding. Communicated via whatsapp and was told step by step what to do and what he needed me to do. I could sit inside, watch TV while he did his stuff and get a message when I needed to do something (like ign. on, start engine etc).

I had installed the programmes needed on my PC and we where ready to go... Only my PC didn't want to connect both to WIFI and the ethernet cable (to OBD) at the same time... Had to change to a backup PC. Alex got going and had done quite a lot of the process when that PC froze... Lost a lot of time as he had to start over again due to the crap PC I had as a backup... Finally had to give up that PC as well as that did not work and set up the third PC... Instead of dealing with my coding for 1-2 hours, it took all day (6 hours plus...). All due to PC issues at my end, and NOTHING to do with him. Felt really bad for him during that process, but through the entire process he was enthusiastic, professional and not complaining once!

Finally we where ready to code and with the 3rd PC everything went smooth. He coded according to my wish list and even asked me if I wanted other stuff coded as well (after having spent all day on me allready). I even got updated Engine and Transmission software, which actually made a few differences. Gearshifts are smoother/quicker and rev matching on downshifts are much more aggressive. Engine also feels more agile Even induction and exhaust sound has changed a bit to a more throaty noise

Sports display was probably the coolest option that i got coded.

I would really reccommend Alex@Alpine's services if you need coding. Remote or local.

Great guy and great service. Just make sure your PC is up to the task if doing remote coding (the one that crashed was a few years old and unstable...).

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
sanyomats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535, 328

Thanks for doing this. I am planning on doing this with Alex soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 02:52 AM   #3
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyomats View Post
Thanks for doing this. I am planning on doing this with Alex soon.
You should be in good hands
Appreciate 0