2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - California F10 So.Cal. Coding meet

06-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
MATTE 5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

F10 So.Cal. Coding meet

Would love to get some fellow f10s together , find someone who can do
Some coding and improve our ultimate driving machines together.

Step 1 - find someone who can code
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Interested in this too. Did you ever find anyone?

- Time
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

I'd be happy to code for you guys. I've been coding since 2009 when I was forced to learn how to get my replacement Nav working in my old E60. Since then I've successfully coded literally 100's of cars for free including new 3's (F30), 5's (F10) and 7's (F01).

Check out 5 series forums, e90post for my reputation.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
drlchua
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by itschase View Post
I'd be happy to code for you guys. I've been coding since 2009 when I was forced to learn how to get my replacement Nav working in my old E60. Since then I've successfully coded literally 100's of cars for free including new 3's (F30), 5's (F10) and 7's (F01).

what coding can you do for the F10?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep

There are a lot of coding possibilities depending on the year and features of your car.

Some of the most popular requests are:

DVD in Motion (Play DVD's on the main screen while driving *dangerous* but popular)
Seatbelt reminder disable (dealers can also do this for you in some countries)
Auto Start/Stop memory (If you want it off, push the button once and it will remember until you hit it again, even through ignition cycles)
Navigation Legal Disclaimer removal (no more hitting OK every time you drive off)
Digital Speed reading on gauge cluster (useful if you do not have HUD)

That's a very short list off the top of my head, but there are a lot more possibilities. Lot's of guys on this forum do this type of coding and are amazing at it. So even if you are not in SoCal, this is all possible for you.

I also do retrofits. I've done soft-close-door conversions on two F10's (wasn't an option in 2012) - the rest of my experience is with E6x and E9x. I've done navigation (even complete dash swaps on E9x including new wiring for CID & ZBE), LCI light (front and back), LMA/FRM upgrades, HUD (will hopefully do this soon on my F10), iPod adapters and others I'm not thinking of.

I have dealer software also that allows me to run diagnosis of every module in your car if something is wrong. This doesn't really apply because all of our F10's are under warranty. But if something unorthodox caused a CEL or triggered an airbag light, I can turn those off and tell you why it happened (approximately).

This is a hobby for me, I don't charge because that would take the fun out of it. I'm kind of obsessed with BMW's so it is my pleasure to help out when/where I can.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
SirNicholas
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 535i

Quote:
There are a lot of coding possibilities depending on the year and features of your car.

DVD in Motion (Play DVD's on the main screen while driving *dangerous* but popular)
Auto Start/Stop memory (If you want it off, push the button once and it will remember until you hit it again, even through ignition cycles)
Navigation Legal Disclaimer removal (no more hitting OK every time you drive off)

That's a very short list off the top of my head, but there are a lot more possibilities. Lot's of guys on this forum do this type of coding and are amazing at it. So even if you are not in SoCal, this is all possible for you.

I also do retrofits. I've done soft-close-door conversions on two F10's (wasn't an option in 2012) - the rest of my experience is with E6x and E9x. I've done navigation (even complete dash swaps on E9x including new wiring for CID & ZBE), LCI light (front and back), LMA/FRM upgrades, HUD (will hopefully do this soon on my F10), iPod adapters and others I'm not thinking of.

I have dealer software also that allows me to run diagnosis of every module in your car if something is wrong. This doesn't really apply because all of our F10's are under warranty. But if something unorthodox caused a CEL or triggered an airbag light, I can turn those off and tell you why it happened (approximately).

This is a hobby for me, I don't charge because that would take the fun out of it. I'm kind of obsessed with BMW's so it is my pleasure to help out when/where I can.
Cool! Can you help me with putting together a cable? I'm pretty much all set, just need the cable (and a soldering kit). Once I have that I can help out with coding as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep

I definitely can help you build it (I've built 3), although the best cable I use was given to me by a fellow forum member. I won't write his name in case he is no longer offering them, but if he sees this...hint, hint...maybe he can offer his expert craftsmanship.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:

THATS SOUNDS GREAT. wOULD YOU ABLE TO HELP ME OUT?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
XDEEDUBBX
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 535I

Can you code the foglights to accept an HID kit? I have the H11 ballast and everything but coding needs to be done for it to work perfectly. If you can do this I will pay you for it!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
PR_F10_535
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 f10 535i

Co-sign for chase, great dude!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 02:33 AM   #11
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:

Chase you have a pm
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #12
SirNicholas
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 535i

Quote:
I definitely can help you build it (I've built 3), although the best cable I use was given to me by a fellow forum member. I won't write his name in case he is no longer offering them, but if he sees this...hint, hint...maybe he can offer his expert craftsmanship.
Cool, thanks dude. I'll pick up the necessary parts and a soldering kit this week and give it a shot. If things go south I'll hit you up!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #13
Pmarszal
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

I am looking for a coder in OC...

Anyone know anyone..

Text me 949 394 8202
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #14
PR_F10_535
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday

Pmd
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #15
GIANITALY
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M/MPPK

Garage List
  [0.00]
I'm looking for anyone to do coding in SD . please let me know. i took my car to the dealer and delete all my goodies. 3058779089
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #16
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANITALY View Post
I'm looking for anyone to do coding in SD . please let me know. i took my car to the dealer and delete all my goodies. 3058779089

Same thing happened to mine. I contacted MWPos and had my car re-coded. I was also debating on springs for my car and he was kind enough to let me test drive his car (ACS springs). For those SD guys who don't want to drive all the way to LA for coding, I highly recommend MWPos.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #17
TunaRollz
jon
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 MCB M5 | '15 MGM 435i 6MT

damn... Norcal needs one of these. ;(

If any of you Socal F series coding gurus plan to be up in Norcal, give me a shout. I'd pay a premium since *NO ONE* up here can code an F10 apparently...

I just need 3-4 very basic and common features.

Thanks.
Jon
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #18
cyberbman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #19
BimmeRon
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post

I would like to ask you for coding, please. I have a F10 n55.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #20
cartechfreak
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Dark Graphite 528i

I'm not a serious coder but recently I was successful in updating my 2013 F10 Nav to 2017-1 next version.
May be I can help provide you guys some inputs on that.
      03-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #21
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartechfreak View Post
I'm not a serious coder but recently I was successful in updating my 2013 F10 Nav to 2017-1 next version.
17-2 is the latest...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 10:31 PM   #22
STLBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 & 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartechfreak View Post
17-2 is the latest...
I'd take anything better than my 2012 version!
Appreciate 0