2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Dealership scam!

04-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #45
bunnysloper
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 F10, '09 MBZ C300

If you are certain that it is not the car you drove, then don't pay a single penny. If they send this to collection you can also be dispute that too. Yes, it's only $75 but it's your dignity and principal that you are giving here. Tell them to make it right or take your business elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #46
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Spaceship

Agreed. I let the charge get on my card but I will continue investigating this case on my own just to prove a point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Yes, it seems like it's bad advice. But, even if it is the worst advice, it's the smartest advice.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #47
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Um, so realized I'm missing my 300 dollar head phones from the car as well which were there before I sent the car in. Went down to the dealership spoke to the service manager so the first thing she tells me. We are not responsible if the customer looses anything they had left while the car in service. We went looking for the technician and he was not present today. She said to send in the receipt of the headphones and she will escalate it to issue me a refund. I've already filed a complaint with BMWNA and will speak to GM if I get another single run around. Definitely avoiding having a BMW in the future. Low lives acting like they're running a kia dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 10:01 PM   #48
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavariaExclusive
Um, so realized I'm missing my 300 dollar head phones from the car as well which were there before I sent the car in. Went down to the dealership spoke to the service manager so the first thing she tells me. We are not responsible if the customer looses anything they had left while the car in service. We went looking for the technician and he was not present today. She said to send in the receipt of the headphones and she will escalate it to issue me a refund. I've already filed a complaint with BMWNA and will speak to GM if I get another single run around. Definitely avoiding having a BMW in the future. Low lives acting like they're running a kia dealership.
BMW is the most reputable company in the world. I think you should stay. The grass is always greener.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 07:06 AM   #49
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavariaExclusive View Post
Um, so realized I'm missing my 300 dollar head phones from the car as well which were there before I sent the car in.
Why would you leave $300 headphones in your car when you take it in for service? Leaving anything valuable in it where tons of people have access to it is just asking for trouble.
      05-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #50
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
First you let the dealer scam you and you do nothing, now you are leaving valuable items in your car when you drop it off at your dealer, you must have a lot of money to burn
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #51
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This all happened the same time. I just noticed headphones missing after the fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
First you let the dealer scam you and you do nothing, now you are leaving valuable items in your car when you drop it off at your dealer, you must have a lot of money to burn
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #52
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well, I had always left them before and built that trust towards them till now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Why would you leave $300 headphones in your car when you take it in for service? Leaving anything valuable in it where tons of people have access to it is just asking for trouble.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #53
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
BMW is the most reputable company in the world. I think you should stay. The grass is always greener.
Agree 100%.
While unfortunate for you, this has nothing to do with BMW as a brand, just a bad experience with one of the dealers, even just a few people there.

In my opinion BMW as a brand does their best to provide best service possible. Keep in mind that I'm saying this as a person who's not entirely happy with the service at my own dealership. As a big corporation these things are very difficult to police, so, not sure it's worth leaving the brand over this - your call to make of course.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #54
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: yes please

I was originally going to post a reply to the OP but then decided not to, but when I saw the headphone issue I decided to say something...

Natural mentality for (certain) people is when you give an inch they take a mile. Your whole mentality of not standing up for yourself for the $75 issue when they showed you pics of a different car contributes to the issues you're seeing at the dealership which clearly include theft of personal property left in cars. You may think of it as something not worth your time to contest something that's only $75 but in someone's mind at the dealership they think, "Hey no one cared about $75, let's do something else that's $150 worth of issues and see if anyone complains then." This attitude continues until they reach a value when people start complaining. That's why the original issue should never have been about "$75." It should have been about the principle of the matter, to stand up for yourself and not let someone walk all over you and take advantage of you regardless of the value. Your (and other people's) complacency gives them the impression that you're willing to tolerate stuff like this. That complacency gives them the boldness to attempt increasingly greater scams and theft. We all have to do our part to stop these types of issues in small and large dealerships and other places as well, and the only way to do that is to stand up for the principle of things and not just consider it a value that's too small to bother with.

If I were in your situation, the "$75" issue would not only have been reversed, but I would have demanded a full FREE detail of MY car to compensate me for the headache they put me through. It's more than just getting the $75 back, it's about making them pay for their mistake and let them know that people won't stand for that sh!t. As far as the headphones, I wouldn't stop until not only the dealership reimbursed me for the headphones, but also did something extra for me, again, to compensate me for the headache that their employees are putting me through. Not only wouldn't I worry about wasting my time (out of principle) but I would spend/lose extra money to make sure that they pay, both for myself and for the sake of other people not getting screwed in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #55
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
...and will speak to GM if I get another single run around.
It's baffling to me that you didn't immediately escalate the issue as necessary until it was resolved.

I personally wouldn't spend $80K on a car and then let a service manager give me the run around, it's absurd.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #56
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yeah, they won't bring the car back in to let me show them that it is a complete different car. They keep giving me an excuse that the customer has the loaner and can't bring it back. I'll speak to the GM tomorrow and raise the issue.

Last edited by BavariaExclusive; 05-05-2015 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #57
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

Oh geez, threaten bodily harm.

You really don't want to sound like that.

Too bad you don't have a quarter, you could call the owner because I bet he cares.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #58
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Holy mother, is this thing still going on?? :
Appreciate 0