2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media any good oyster dakota pics?

05-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
snkpkp
Enlisted Member
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 530i

any good oyster dakota pics?

I have been trying to figure out what interior color to choose, the cinnamon brown looked great in the build your own but then actual pictures it looked very different. I am now leaning towards the Oyster, is it sort white with blue tint or kinda like the beige but more grey in it? Any real time feed back would be great....I have to order early next month.....
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
Hoss NY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535i Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2000 BMW E39 528i  [0.00]
2002 BMW X5 3.0  [0.00]
Oyster is a very light tan color. It's not bluish or gray. The "build your own" color does not look like the real color. Look through the interior color threads and you'll see some good examples.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Rudegar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 E500W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss NY View Post
Oyster is a very light tan color. It's not bluish or gray. The "build your own" color does not look like the real color. Look through the interior color threads and you'll see some good examples.
Oyster is almost like the complex paint colors which change hue in different light! It can look like a very light tan or a very light grey. I suspect it has elements of brown and grey. Because of what my eyes percieve as a grey hue, it looks very good with any brown or grey paint. Also looks good with blue. I suggest you get to the dealer and look at the 7s as it is also a 7er color. You might even find a 5er when you arrive
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
snkpkp
Enlisted Member
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudegar View Post
Oyster is almost like the complex paint colors which change hue in different light! It can look like a very light tan or a very light grey. I suspect it has elements of brown and grey. Because of what my eyes percieve as a grey hue, it looks very good with any brown or grey paint. Also looks good with blue. I suggest you get to the dealer and look at the 7s as it is also a 7er color. You might even find a 5er when you arrive
thanks , my exterior is going to be Sophisto Grey (Graphite Grey) and for some reason the cinnamon looks fantastic on the build your own but in real life pics its not so great, Oyster might be harder to keep clean....I wish they offered the Natural Brown Leather on this model year
Appreciate 0