2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Custom F10 subwoofer enclosure

03-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
KmanM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i

Custom F10 subwoofer enclosure

I have been jealous about the custom subwoofer enclosure options available for other models except the F10 (E90, F30, etc) but through the forums I came upon the work of Mike, forum name Titan 3. If you search under his screen name you can see examples of his excellent work for other members so I figured I would reach out to him and inquire about making a F10 specific enclosure for me.

My original plan was to simply use a JL 10TW3 sub in a JL slim enclosure that I picked up on DIYMA but to conserve trunk space the corner mounted enclosure was much more appealing. It turns out that the JL sub is a bit of PITA because it has mounting tabs as opposed to the typical round mounting profile but Mike was able to accommodate that into the design and the finished product looks like it came from the factory.

I highly recommend Mike to anyone looking for similar work. He is responsive, accommodating and is a true perfectionist when it comes to his work. This enclosure went through multiple iterations as he refined the design to make it more seamless and he approached the whole project as if he were going to install everything in his own car. Mike is based in Atlanta and you can find him on Instagram under Nerowerks LLC.

I will post more pics soon once the sub is mounted in the enclosure and the whole unit is in the car.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
KmanM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

so what does something like this gonna cost us? is Mike the same guy who posted a similar or probably the same enclosure as the above thread?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 12:11 AM   #4
Titan 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 325ci ~ F36 428ix

Thanks for the positive feedback, Kevin! Again, I really appreciate your patience to let me get it right. It looks killer with the sub in place; I can't wait to see pics of The enclosure in your trunk. 👍🏼

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
so what does something like this gonna cost us? is Mike the same guy who posted a similar or probably the same enclosure as the above thread?
Hello,

I'm Mike, not the same fabricator that you mentioned from the other thread on this forum. Unfortunately, I'm not a site sponsor so I can't advertise on public forums and want to be respectful of the businesses out there who are paying for the ability to advertise. Please send me a PM if you have questions about an enclosure and we can discuss it offline. Thanks for your interest.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Stay well,

Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
KmanM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Perfect fit and sounds great!

Appreciate 0