2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Eibach inbound

01-19-2016, 11:26 PM   #1
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Eibach inbound

Can't stand the non m sport stock springs and their horrible rebound rates. Leaving trampoline springs and ordered the Eibach sport. 1" front .6" rear. I wanted ACS, but my research showed Eibach is the manufacture of ACS. I understand the spring rates differ.

Should have these bad boys soon
http://thmotorsports.com/eibach/eiba.../i-402903.aspx

Wanted to hear from people that have had them.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 01:18 AM   #2
jooobi3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i XDrive

Is there a different between these and the H&R one?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai
Is there a different between these and the H&R one?
H&R OE was a consideration since they are 1" front and 1" rear. My understanding is that the ride is harsher then Eibach. I'm sure that's all subjective. Eibach being the manufacture for ACS and giving the nose a lower stance then the rear was the my reasoning for going with them.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #4
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Wow, if you got them for $261 that is a great price. I had Eibach springs on a previous vehicle and was very happy with them. Interested in hearing your feedback on these.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bake
Wow, if you got them for $261 that is a great price. I had Eibach springs on a previous vehicle and was very happy with them. Interested in hearing your feedback on these.
Got em for 251. They had an online coupon "eibach10"!

Now let's see how much for the install. If anyone knows a good place in Los Angeles please chime in.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Eibach's tend to be a softer ride and higher than H&R.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #7
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5
Eibach's tend to be a softer ride and higher than H&R.
That might keep the wife from complaining. If it's still not to my liking I'll replace the struts with Koni adjustable and stiffen up the rebound there.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #8
VB5ER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 2011 535i

Do some before after pics of the wheel gap with a tape measure from the ground up all four tires. Repeat 30 days later. Post all results. Some guys have had a 1/4 to 1/2 in difference between front right and front left on intial install.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #9
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VB5ER
Do some before after pics of the wheel gap with a tape measure from the ground up all four tires. Repeat 30 days later. Post all results. Some guys have had a 1/4 to 1/2 in difference between front right and front left on intial install.
Will do and after watching this

I will make sure camber is still in factory spec. Otherwise you lose traction, braking and off the line acceleration.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
VB5ER
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks, from what I have "learned" from Bpost and the net info the springs should be fine. I think with coilovers and a significant drop camber is an issue. I'm trying to decide on springs or coilovers and diy or Indy shop. About $600 labor is what I am seeing on average for either.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 04:35 AM   #11
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB5ER View Post
+1 great idea!

Definitely post some pictures of gap front/rear with a tape measure and once again after it settles...
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #12
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB5ER
Thanks, from what I have "learned" from Bpost and the net info the springs should be fine. I think with coilovers and a significant drop camber is an issue. I'm trying to decide on springs or coilovers and diy or Indy shop. About $600 labor is what I am seeing on average for either.
Just for reference I paid $250 for my ACS springs install. I think anything up to $400 is fair game, beyond that is a ripoff.
Appreciate 2
      01-21-2016, 06:10 PM   #13
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

I highly recommend ModAuto (ModB*******). Price will be around $350 for the install and another $125 for alignment (done a week or so later after the spring settles). The service there is top notch and you can chill in their waiting room and watch them work on your car. They specialize in BMW's and Audi's so they know what they're doing. I just had mine done last week. Wherever you decide, DO NOT go to Promax in Alhambra. The kids there will destroy your car.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #14
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh
I highly recommend ModAuto (ModB*******). Price will be around $350 for the install and another $125 for alignment (done a week or so later after the spring settles). The service there is top notch and you can chill in their waiting room and watch them work on your car. They specialize in BMW's and Audi's so they know what they're doing. I just had mine done last week. Wherever you decide, DO NOT go to Promax in Alhambra. The kids there will destroy your car.
Thanks for the tips. Never heard of either. Will check that out. Ha, Promax MotorSports has low ratings on Yelp.

Mod bargains I'm assuming you referring too?

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 01:37 PM   #15
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Thanks for the tips. Never heard of either. Will check that out. Ha, Promax MotorSports has low ratings on Yelp.

Yep. They're in La Habra so it'll be a bit of a drive from the westside but for something like this, I've learned to get it done right once. The alignment can be done anywhere afterwards. Bring your ipad because it'll be a 3 hr process. I took my wife's F10 to Promax to get tires put on and they ended up scraping both wheels and denting the rear bumper because they dropped a wrench on it. They take no responsibility so I'm left with scratched up wheels and a dent. I heard EAS does a good job with BMW mods as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #16
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh
Quote:

Yep. They're in La Habra so it'll be a bit of a drive from the westside but for something like this, I've learned to get it done right once. The alignment can be done anywhere afterwards. Bring your ipad because it'll be a 3 hr process. I took my wife's F10 to Promax to get tires put on and they ended up scraping both wheels and denting the rear bumper because they dropped a wrench on it. They take no responsibility so I'm left with scratched up wheels and a dent. I heard EAS does a good job with BMW mods as well.
Great advice thanks. I'm down for mod bargains auto to do the install right.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 08:30 PM   #17
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
They've arrived! This is more exciting then Star Wars. Install maybe tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 06:46 AM   #18
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They've arrived! This is more exciting then Star Wars. Install maybe tomorrow.
wait wha???

this is the look i gave when a local shop quoted me $700 for spring install and that's not even with an alignment. they said because it's a BMW
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #19
Mr Clean
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
wait wha???

this is the look i gave when a local shop quoted me $700 for spring install and that's not even with an alignment. they said because it's a BMW
Rofl, expect a 300% premium on almost everything JUST because you have a BMW. I remember when I had to get an oil change on my e39 and the quicklube guy (dont ask why I went there, I was young) said I need a "specially ordered fully synthetic high performance blend" which costed $200 for 5 quarts, and an additional $30 per quart over that plus $40 for the filter and $60 special labor (which supposedly included resetting the indicator light). Funny thing is they ended up stripping my oil pan and put recycled 10W30 in the car. Needless to say, I've learned from then lol
      01-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #20
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clean View Post
Rofl, expect a 300% premium on almost everything JUST because you have a BMW. I remember when I had to get an oil change on my e39 and the quicklube guy (dont ask why I went there, I was young) said I need a "specially ordered fully synthetic high performance blend" which costed $200 for 5 quarts, and an additional $30 per quart over that plus $40 for the filter and $60 special labor (which supposedly included resetting the indicator light). Funny thing is they ended up stripping my oil pan and put recycled 10W30 in the car. Needless to say, I've learned from then lol
Haha I would never go to and jiffy lube quickie lube or what not. I've heard horror stories.

The 2nd performance shop I went to quoted me $125 an hour and said it's about 3 hours labor. Soon as I told them it's for a BMW they said they would need the car for the whole day because they needed special tools and a computer and it would be 8 hours of labor. Seems like you mention the word "BMW" anywhere prices triple!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #21
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #22
VB5ER
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Nice. Don't forget the before and after measurements if you have the time. I think a lot of places price the job with having to remove the back seats. Maybe that is the difference between a fair price from a shop familiar with the f10 and a shop pricing it out of a book. There is a fairly detailed DIY on here you can review with the shop you decide to go with. Or not, good luck either way. Can't wait to see the before after pics.
Appreciate 0