2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 'Fuel supply' Drivetrain Malfunction Message

01-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #23
Zer0Cool92
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclions
You don't owe me anything, largely that's the type of thing we all are here for. Glad it helped a little on the cost. I also got a new battery when my HPFP went out, so no real surprise there. I'm glad I got pretty good life out of the initial battery.

Good luck, I hope this repair is the end of your problems with sputters and idle issues.
Yeah my battery never gave any issues until I kept trying to start the car when my pump control unit went out and the battery got drained.

I don't think the fuel pump control unit being replaced would fix the sputtering issues ? Or would it?

I emailed the SA a campaign number and a Service bulletin number, both recalls for the fuel pump. I know one recall is build date specific but I hope the other isn't as well.
Appreciate 0