2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK 2 phones connected using Enhanced Bluetooth

12-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
strongdeo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d MSPORT

2 phones connected using Enhanced Bluetooth

Evening all

For me the problem with the cradle (other than cost) is that I always forget my phone is in there and I leave the vehicle without my phone - yes my memory is shite!

Has anybody tried using two phones and keeping one in the cradle at all times - perhaps an older phone? The second phone you take with you. I know there is the issue of two different numbers...

Any thoughts on this?
      12-13-2016, 07:28 AM   #2
Cilonen
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla M3, 2016 F11 530d

Wife & I both use my F11 and both have our phones paired with EBT. Not using a cradle.
When we're both in the car, both phones connect and calls will come through for both of us (car takes priority on the last connected phone so that takes priority on EBT should both phones get called at the same time).

Both phones email/texts will appear in the Office function but will merge (this can be altered in settings if needed).

You could use a spare old phone in a cradle if you wanted, or just connected to the USB for charging if you don't want to spend on the cradle, and forward calls from your main phone to that when in the car if worried about battery life.
Appreciate 0