2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Test drove 535i in Michigan

05-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Test drove 535i in Michigan

I live in Bloomfield Hills, Mi and we have majority good roads and some bad ones with some potholes and bumps. I drove the car on all the roads with the standard suspension and 18 inch wheels with RFT. All I can say is AMAZING!!!! It outperforms my Audi, Mercedes, and Lexus on these roads and gives a very compliant ride with sporty handling and acceleration/braking. I have never felt a car so well composed ever! This car is the best 5 series i have test driven in my life. I left the test drive with a positive feeling that there is NO need to get those dynamic handling package and 19 inch rims like what those European members on this board is saying. Our roads are not that good but the car is perfectly attuned to them and we have twist and turn roads in the suburban area of Bloomfield Hills, and the car felt it was on air suspension with great handling with not much body roll at all.

The exterior is beautiful and handsome with great creases. No pictures as it was a rainy day. I will take some next to the older 5 series tmw (Sunday) when it is sunny and 70s outside. The interior is clean and very luxurious with great quality. I have no gripe at all with the buttons and knobs. I am not sure whats all the complaints with that on the other post.

Thats my 2 cents.

PS: My car will be here in October as an 535xi.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

xDrive is a good choice for your climate. Still, I'd recommend test-driving one before you commit to it — the extra weight and front-end bias will affect the car — kind of like a 200-lb hood ornament.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

You are right raleedy. I drove the RWD and the steering was fantastic. I do hope the AWD won't affect the steering as much. But i will test drive one when the x-drive arrives. I will put my order in in few weeks just in case.
Appreciate 0